Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunkkah View Post
    One more. I got Onix 10 Si + Solix 15 Si. Can i just plug the xp 14 20 shoot thru hull to onix, and run solix with 14mSiDB Y + XM14 20 mdi T? So i vould use autochart with onix with high speed readings. Will i face interferance with onix thru hull and solix db?
    Yes, if you adjust the Dual Spectrum CHIRP range so it does not use 200 kHz. Keep it about 50 kHz from 200 kHz. Yes they will cross-talk if you do not.

One more thing, with the SOLIX having the two transducers, you need the set the 2D source to HB High CHIRP to get the Dual Spectrum function.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

2. Member
    In order not to create a new topic, I will ask one more question here.
    When I asked the first question in this topic, I saw on the HB website information that XP 14 20 can be put on boats with an aluminum bottom up to 1 1/2 inches thick. Now on the website HB I see: "For use in single layer fiberglass hull boats."
    I'm just confused: will the XP 14 20 work on an aluminum boat or not?
    2 Solix 12MSI + Terrova 80 I-Link+Bluetooth

Quote Originally Posted by Arch67 View Post
    In order not to create a new topic, I will ask one more question here.
    When I asked the first question in this topic, I saw on the HB website information that XP 14 20 can be put on boats with an aluminum bottom up to 1 1/2 inches thick. Now on the website HB I see: "For use in single layer fiberglass hull boats."
    I'm just confused: will the XP 14 20 work on an aluminum boat or not?
    Neither, the XPTH 14 20 can be used through hulls up to 1 1/2" thick. Note "through", that means drilling a 1"+ hole through the bottom of the hull and the transducer stem with cable put through the hull from the exterior and held in place by a large nut. The transducer face is on the exterior of the hull.

The XP 14 20 is a SHOOT-THRU meaning it is epoxied inside the hull and the sonar pulses pass through the hull. That will not work in metal hulls or hulls that are not thin fiberglass.

Basically there are SHOOT-THRU and THRU-HULL transducers, they are different.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12