Goshorn Lake Saugatuck Michigan

Whats up guys. Going with my wife’s family to Goshorn Lake in a couple weeks. They just booked it. Wondering how the bass fishing is there and if it’s worth bringing my boat or not. I seen that it is trolling motor only which is fine cause it’s a small lake. Can I still have a big motor on my boat just not use it? If not no big deal I have a decked out John boat with no motor. Just curious if it’s worth it or not. I only fish for bass no crappie or bluegill. Thanks guys. Even if it’s hearsay I’ll take whatever you heard if it’s worth for me to haul up there. Thanks again
    Nick.

2. Member
    122 views and no response!! Anyone know anything about this place! I appreciate anyone’s input. Thanks.

3. Banned
    Lol I went threw same thing when I asked these guys not much help lol .. they have been chiming in for the guy asking about au sable river

Quote Originally Posted by Hart View Post
    Lol I went threw same thing when I asked these guys not much help lol .. they have been chiming in for the guy asking about au sable river

There are only about 10 guys that post on this page. I have lived in MI and fished tournaments for 35 years and never heard of the lake or fished in Lake Huron. I assume the same for the others that post here.

You only having 20 posts probably have not been much help to others …..

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

Michigan has many many small lakes, i have never heard of this particular one. Also on the great lakes ,people can spend years finding good spots, not large areas, but very small spots... why would they post em up on the internet?? Best advice is just get out and fish, this state has amazing fishing almost anywhere you go. Good luck

6. Member
    Can't help with the fishing, but I believe that lake is "no wake", not electric only.

https://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,4570,...8650--,00.html

7. Member
    I had to look up the lake as I never heard of it before. Personally I would trailer to the Kalamazoo river delta. Grand river is fun to fish too, but a little bit of a drive from there.

8. Member
    Thank you guys I appreciate it

Quote Originally Posted by 21XDC View Post
    There are only about 10 guys that post on this page. I have lived in MI and fished tournaments for 35 years and never heard of the lake or fished in Lake Huron. I assume the same for the others that post here.

Maybe we could talk Al into lifting some bans and have 12-13 guys posting regularly :-)

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Solix 12 Mega SI bow and console
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

Nah... They all get their chance to make a choice. I have over 55,000 posts and must be making better choices.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

11. Smallmouth Junkie!
    Quote Originally Posted by 21XDC View Post

This! I saw harts post he was asking about Saginaw Bay. I have never fished it so I couldn't help. Many others I'm sure were in the same boat. Someone did respond who knows the area by the way.
    2012 Phoenix 721 pro xp / 250hp SHO
    2003 Skeeter TZX-190 / 150hp OX66