Ultrex interference on GEN3 after new update

Last week I updated GEN3 12" to the latest (May) update and got complete interference on down image & 2D screen when Ultrex button is pressed or just head direction is changed. Transducer is HDI and cable is run down shaft to just below head then down mount. The previous update (original Fish Reveal) and one before that had only slight interference. It was working fine that morning on the lake before updating. I checked transducer type & it was correct. I plan on reinstalling update next week from MicroSD card. What else should I do besides software reinstalls?

2. Member
    Problem solved! After backing up settings I reinstalled current software, did soft reset, reloaded settings, installed previous version, installed current version & hard reset, reloaded settings without a hiccup I figured interference was from hardware. Upon looking at transducer cable carefully, a pinch in cable (cut in shielding) was the culprit.

3. Member
    Just to be sure, make sure you have the correct transducer selected after the update and reset!

John

4. Member
    Thanks for your suggestion. I reloaded settings after resets and all were correct.