Thread: T2 prop issues

T2 prop issues

I have a 2012 skeeter fx20 with a 250 sho
    2 power poles
    10” manual jp
    Full tourney load
    Myself and non boater

I previously had a T1 on my boat and was getting low-mid 70s with 6000 rpm, excellent
    Holeshot.
    Unfortunately I hit something in the water and ruined the prop. When the lower unit was fixed the dealer installed a FXP. The prop gave an ok holeshot but I could only get 68mph and COULD NOT break 5800 rpm.
    Dealer said they would replace prop with a T2 If I found one.. well I searched everywhere and found a new one.. a T2 25p
    Today i took it out for the first time at a tourney.
    This is what I need help with.
    Holeshot.. horrible.. it literally took 8-10 seconds to get on plane. Motor felt like it was bogging down and then as it began to plane out it felt like the prop hit a powerband and the boat power would come back and accelerate nicely (this would happen about 6 seconds into takeoff)
    I could not break 5600 rpm and 68mph
    When I would go around a bend (not a sharp turn) my mph would drop to 60 mph or so.. with foot all the way on the throttle.
    Also, when I would let my foot off the throttle, the boat felt skiddish like the rear end of the boat was fish tailing.

Is my prop jack plate too high.. back when my lower unit was replaced, the dealer also removed the motor to fix my steering and the bushings.

Anyone have any pointers on how to fix my problems? Incredibly frustrated.
    Please help

Thanks

2. Member
    I bet they put the motor one hole lower than it was.

3. Member
    T2 are junk. No comparison to T1!! Yamaha screwed the pooch with this one. Everybody should get a refund.

Mine runs fine..it's very very similar to what the T-1 was..it's a 70 mph prop with a summer load
    . I'm not complaining... No I can't keep up with the bullets but I couldn't keep up with them before either...but I also don't feel like I was beat to hell and back at the end of a long days worth of running around the lake...if I ever took the time or the money to have it worked then.im sure.itd really show off...I guess I just got a good one..
    Last edited by mrlawler1; 06-17-2018 at 11:48 PM.
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

5. Member
    From what people have posted some of the t2s are good and some aren't. I'm sure croxton can make them perform

6. Member
    When I replaced my T1 with a T2 I had to lower my motor a lot to get it to perform. I have a hydro jackplate so not a big deal, but I tried 3 different T2 props and all 3 liked to run at a different height and none of them performed particularly well. To get a good hole shot I would raise the plate up a lot, then when running I had to lower the plate almost all the way down to get the best speed. They definitely need to be reworked.

7. Member
    I bought a brand new one (T2). i read on several forums their quality control sucks and these props are all across the board. I sent mine to Mark and sure enough some things were out of whack. He fixed it up they way it should have been when I bought it and sending back to me. There just aren't a lot of good prop options for the SHO and when the time comes to buy a brand new boat I will strongly consider another engine choice for that very reason if Yamaha doesn't get their crap together. I love my SHO but have to have a good prop option. Suzukis make a phenomenal product but same deal...prop options too limited so cross that off the list. Close to $800 for a brand new prop and the ears aren't even all the same on it, blades different thickness etc. You are right some are fine and some are junk...pathetic quality control!

There's plenty of prop options there...just gotta be tinkered with...they just about build em now to be tinkered with....be a good craft to get into...if you got to patience to deal with whiny old bass boat owners like some can be at times...
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

9. Member
    A nicely B&B tempest runs great on the sho guys .

10. Member
    What pitch assuming running a 25P T1 now