Alabama Bass Club Moderator

Thumbs Up Results of June NoAl Tennessee River Trailer Tournament

The June NoAl “Tennessee River Trailer Tournament” was held yesterday out of McFarland Park on Pickwick. Even though the temperatures were less than ideal with a heat index of 103º+, we had a total of eight boats show up for this one. Nearly everyone elected to stay on Pickwick with the exception of Todd Baldwin, who decided to try his hand on Wheeler. The fishing for some of us was phenomenal as far as numbers go but the bigger fish were a little more elusive.

First place honors went to Hudean and Janice Wilson with a five fish limit weighing a total of 12.84 pounds, with Wendell Edgil and David Scogin with a five fish limit for a total of 11.17 pounds. Terry Burleson and Mike Lolley ended up with big fish honors with a really nice 4.84 pound largemouth which Terry caught on some new-fangled jig he was super excited about!

After an early weigh in, we were all treated to a superb picnic style lunch provided by my beautiful wife with grilled chicken, sausage, macaroni salad, potato salad, baked beans and corn on the cob! And Hudean and Janice Wilson brought two of the best watermelons I’ve had all year! I don’t know for sure but if anyone left there hungry, it’s their own fault!

It was sure great to see everyone again, many of whom I haven’t seen in quite a while. Heck, Todd Baldwin even made the trip from Warrior! All in all, I think everyone had a good time and I appreciate everyone who was able to make it from the bottom of my heart!

Katie, my daughter and fishing partner for this event, took a number of pictures and can be seen here! Be sure to check them out!

I’m not sure about our July tournament site yet and there was actually a suggestion from several members that we postpone the July and August tournaments because of the oppressive heat, and resume in September. We’ll have to kick that around a little but that seems like a reasonable idea since participation during those months tend to be a little smaller than normal. We’ll need to make that decision over the course of the next week or two.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by AveryF; 06-17-2018 at 11:13 AM.

2. Member
    Avery I would like to thank you and your family for all you do for this event . it was a great meal, fun fishing and fellowship