UFP A60 Actuator Replacement Part? 2009 Z21

Good evening.

I want to replace the actuator inner assembly on my 2009 Z21.

It has all UFP components, and what looks like an A-60 actuator.

I have disc brakes on both axles.

Will any A-60 tandem disc brake actuator work?

Easternmarine.com (Trailer Super Store) lists one model that is specific to Ranger, but I think that's a single axel only... I just want to make sure that I order the right part.

My break-away cable was pulled and the fluid isn't swirling when I pump it with a screwdriver. Think it may be easiest to just replace the entire actuator and keep the old one for spare parts.

Thanks,
    Tim

2. mikesxpress
    I replaced mine on the same boat. Easier to do if you have a swing away by removing it from the trailer and working on it upside down. Std A-60.

3. Member
    You can order from ranger. That is what I did. May be more expensive but you know you are getting the right parts..
    2007 Ranger Z19 - 225 Pro XS

4. mikesxpress

UFP A-60 Ranger Trail Exclusive, Disc Brake Actuator (No Solenoid -Long Hose) U34367

$178.00 free shipping *I paid $164.00 for my replacement here in 2016.
    http://www.trailerandtruckparts.com/...l#.WyZdot-WygM

5. Member
    I see that one. Just curious what the “long hose” is and why it is important. There is another part number with the solenoid but I presume a standard hose.

Did you order the solenoid separate?

Quote Originally Posted by mikesxpress View Post

UFP A-60 Ranger Trail Exclusive, Disc Brake Actuator (No Solenoid -Long Hose) U34367

$178.00 free shipping *I paid $164.00 for my replacement here in 2016.
    http://www.trailerandtruckparts.com/...l#.WyZdot-WygM

6. mikesxpress
    When I ordered mine the solenoid came with it.

7. Member
    Ranger used to mount the solenoid separate from the actuator assembly so a longer hose was needed to reach the solenoid. My 2000 was like this. I'm not sure when they stopped mounting them separate but I doubt you need to order this model. If your solenoid is mounted directly to the back of your actuator you just need the standard A60. The easiest thing to do is just buy a whole new assembly with the solenoid included.

8. Member
    Screaming - that is exactly what I was thinking. If everything is attached to the actuator, I could not figure out why a longer hose would be needed. I figured at some point they had the solenoid separate. Thanks!

9. Member
    No problem.