Thread: Ultrex issue

Ultrex issue

I put new ultrex on my 921 last August before I had a chance to use it I had a health issue and it didn't go in water till April. Got to lake and foot pedal wouldn't move. Local MK service center replaced the sensor there have been issues with. Now I have been out and I thought trolling batteries were bad and they were 6 years old so made sense they were bad. I replaced last weekend and went out today. Batteries lost all power again. This is about 4th time motor been used. I checked the prop when I got back and it is tight to turn and is not smooth when rotating prop by hand. I took off prop and everything looked ok. No line etc. seems to me trolling motor is binding and running down batteries?

2. Member
    Your seals might be bad. Allowing water to get into the motor. I think that it's a common problem with them

3. Member
    There's been a few that have got water in them. I would take it in since it's under warranty

4. Member
    It's only been in water 4-5 times

5. Member
    Interestingly, I went to boat today and tried the prop "tightness" and it was very free when spinning by hand. Only thing I know is somehow something is getting hot and locking up the prop??

6. Member
    The seal is out and your bearing brunt up

7. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    What is your puck wired to. If you charge batteries and remove charger when full and the boat sits before you take it out, your puck could be using power if it's hot wired.
    My pick is wired to the horn so it's off until I turn power switch on.