Hydraulic jack plate question

I have an Atlas hydraulic jack plate on my Phoenix that I’ve had for about a year and ordered it with the boat brand new. Never had an issue with it. This morning when attempting to raise the plate to remove my transom motor mount it wouldn’t move. Could hear it trying to but wouldn’t move. I turned off the main power several times and moved the lever up and down to try and get it to raise. After about 5 mins a messing with it it finally moved up. Rest of the day it worked fine and no issues. Any idea on what would cause the issue I had in the morning? I’d hate to be ready to fish and can’t raise the jackplate from the number 2 setting I lower it to for travel.

2. Member
    Does the atlas have grease fittings? Any time my Bob's seems sluggish it's time to grease the slides

3. Member
    There are no grease fitting on the Atlas and they recommend NOT using any lubricants. You should periodically clean the plate with a mild detergent by raising it all the way up and then lowering it all the way down.

George Brock

2015 920 Pro/XP
    2015 Mercury 250 Pro/XS
    Twin 8' Powerpole Blades

4. Member
    When you recommend “cleaning the plate” I’m assuming your referring to the black slides?

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by laposta28 View Post
    When you recommend “cleaning the plate” I’m assuming your referring to the black slides?
    Yes

George Brock

2015 920 Pro/XP
    2015 Mercury 250 Pro/XS
    Twin 8' Powerpole Blades

6. Member
    Connection, relays or actuator has water in it.