Helix side imaging

I have a helix 9 gen 2 with mega imaging. It has worked with no problem all season. The last time I took my boat out, the left side imaging doesn't work right. It shoots about 15-20 feet (when I have it set to a longer range). The right side works perfectly, so in split image it really shows. It is mounted on the starboard side of my boat, so the motor is on the left...but like I said it hasn't been an issue until now. Trimming my motor doesn't change a thing either. Any ideas?

2. Member
    When I first turned mine on as new it did something simlar , you might try restore and then put in the changes one at a time see if that shows up after a change .

3. Member
    I can give that a shot.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by B*******413 View Post
    I have a helix 9 gen 2 with mega imaging. It has worked with no problem all season. The last time I took my boat out, the left side imaging doesn't work right. It shoots about 15-20 feet (when I have it set to a longer range). The right side works perfectly, so in split image it really shows. It is mounted on the starboard side of my boat, so the motor is on the left...but like I said it hasn't been an issue until now. Trimming my motor doesn't change a thing either. Any ideas?
    Did you ever get this issue resolved? My G2N Helix worked fine for a few years and then I lost the left side of SI. Helix 10 Chirp SI mega G2N

5. Member
    It never really changed. There were times where it would work fine, and sometimes it would do this. I sold the boat recently and hope I don't have the same issue with the new electronics.

6. Member
    You've probably done all this, but in case not:
    Each side of SI has a pin in the connector. Make sure the left isn't missing, bent or dirty. Clean the plug and make sure it is well seated in the FF. I understand those "clam shells" can shake loose. If you have another transducer compatible with the unit, try plugging the unit into that transducer to determine whether the unit or the transducer is the problem. Or if you have another unit (same model), try plugging it into transducer.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizz86 View Post
    Did you ever get this issue resolved? My G2N Helix worked fine for a few years and then I lost the left side of SI. Helix 10 Chirp SI mega G2N