Thread: 1997 202 FS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

1997 202 FS

My 1997 202 is all original except for what I have changed or upgraded.
    Now my live well(s) stopped working/pumping.
    I am guessing I need to remove all my batteries and oil reservoir to access the bilge area and also the board that is mounted behind.
    I'm not sure if the pumps are bad or the switch is bad. I don't even know where the pumps are...yet
    Can someone please tell me the correct way to trace/assess this issue and then do the right repair?
    Thank you in advance this is going to be my HOT summer project. Thank you!

2. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    What livewell switches do you have? Aerator? Hydro-Air? Pump-out? The Hydro pump, if you have one, is located low on the wall of the well behind the panel in your battery compartment. Other pumps will be down in bilge.

3. Member
    Thank you for replying..I have attached a photo of my switches...
    I believe some of the switches are bad and need replaced...just have to find some that match...
    I'm fishing one more time this summer then diving into getting the live wells working.
    Any help you can offer will be greatly appreciated.....Thank you

4. Member
    I'm not sure if the photo uploaded.....

5. Member
    Finally got it to upload....
    Attached Images Attached Images

6. Member
    Attached Images Attached Images

202 or 203? I’ve owned both maybe I can help? I live in the Fresno area.

8. Member
    1997 202 FS........if you can help that would be great! Thank you..
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMouth View Post
    202 or 203? I’ve owned both maybe I can help? I live in the Fresno area.

Quote Originally Posted by 97champion View Post
    1997 202 FS........if you can help that would be great! Thank you..
    Well I live in the Fresno area what area do you live in?

10. Member
    I'm further North 10 minutes from Shasta Lake....Redding...
    Well I live in the Fresno area what area do you live in?

11. Member
    Did you see the photo I posted? Do you know where I can get replacement switches? or even the whole switch plate with fuses like the photo?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lea View Post
    What livewell switches do you have? Aerator? Hydro-Air? Pump-out? The Hydro pump, if you have one, is located low on the wall of the well behind the panel in your battery compartment. Other pumps will be down in bilge.

Quote Originally Posted by 97champion View Post
    I'm further North 10 minutes from Shasta Lake....Redding...
    I have never seen a 202 FS. Mine is a Bass & Bay the switch panel is under my right arm. I'm guessing that our switch panel is mounted in front of your right hand (hard to determine orientation & placement in a close up shot) it will be very difficult to find a replacement so hand onto it as it can easily be Hydrodipped and be made to look brand new.

It's a long distance from me but I've always wanted to fish Shasta, let me check my schedule.

Your pump should be behind that bulkhead board that covers the backside of the live well and separates the live well from the bilge area. The "aerator" pump will be directly attached to the backside of the live well.

First thing I see is that your "fuses" are actually circuit breakers like these https://www.amazon.com/Circuit-Break...arine+breakers and they should still be good.

As for the switches you'll have to measure the hole size but these can be obtained online also and are similar to these on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_s...=2W8TA8F5HMX9L

I've never seen that round switch at the top of your panel and have no idea what that is, sorry.

If your still stuck, most here will tell you to check with C&O Marine
    Last edited by BigMouth; 06-18-2018 at 06:28 PM.

13. Member
    First I will be glad to take you fishing on Shasta..June July August are busy with vacationers, jet skis and wake boats...not fun...any other time it can be a blast..if you fish June July August on the water at 5:00 am off by 9:30 10:00 top water early..then follow the fish down..Thank you foe you reply and info...one more fishing trip and then I am digging into the live wells....
    I have never seen a 202 FS. Mine is a Bass & Bay the switch panel is under my right arm. I'm guessing that our switch panel is mounted in front of your right hand (hard to determine orientation & placement in a close up shot) it will be very difficult to find a replacement so hand onto it as it can easily be Hydrodipped and be made to look brand new.

It's a long distance from me but I've always wanted to fish Shasta, let me check my schedule.

Your pump should be behind that bulkhead board that covers the backside of the live well and separates the live well from the bilge area. The "aerator" pump will be directly attached to the backside of the live well.

First thing I see is that your "fuses" are actually circuit breakers like these https://www.amazon.com/Circuit-Break...arine+breakers and they should still be good.

As for the switches you'll have to measure the hole size but these can be obtained online also and are similar to these on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_s...=2W8TA8F5HMX9L

I've never seen that round switch at the top of your panel and have no idea what that is, sorry.

If your still stuck, most here will tell you to check with C&O Marine

14. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    BigMouth...the pump on the livewell wall is not the Aerator. It is the Hydro-air pump which simply adds air bubbles to water in well. The actual Aerator pump is down in the bilge and brings water into well and out the overflow. No idea why they call it Aerator, as that confuses everyone....

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lea View Post
    BigMouth...the pump on the livewell wall is not the Aerator. It is the Hydro-air pump which simply adds air bubbles to water in well. The actual Aerator pump is down in the bilge and brings water into well and out the overflow. No idea why they call it Aerator, as that confuses everyone....
    So am I dealing with two different pumps? Aerator and Hydro? Two different fuses/ circuit breakers? Is this simple or difficult to figure out and repair?

I stand corrected Lea thank you. I relabeled mine to make it less confusing.

Tim: yes there are two pumps. The "aerator" pump is in the bilge and has a line going from the pump to the transom and another line from the pump to the live well. Mine has a four position rotary switch. First position continuously fills the live well. The next three positions are labeled 1, 3 and 7 and fills in increments of 1, 3 and 7 minutes. It is used to fill the live well and to recirculate water from the lake/river through your live well. I relabeled this pump "FILL" don’t use this pump if you but chemicals to oxygenate the water as the water level will continually rises, over flow the tank and spill into the bilge. If you have a automatic bilge pump it gets pumped out into the lake/river. If you don't have an automatic bilge pump and you forget to hit your bilge pump occasionally throughout the day the excess water will swamp your boat.

The Hydro-air pump is the on the back of your live well tank. It has a feed line at the bottom of your live well tank which goes through the pump and then up to the top of the live well tank. The water is simply recirculated. The out nozzle should be above the water level in your live well so that the pumped water catches air and transfers/bubbles it into the water which oxygenates the water and keeps your fish alive. This is what you use if you use chemicals to oxygenate the water, make sure live well valve is closed. I relabeled this as the "aerator" on my switch panel.

I have permission from "She who must be obeyed" to go on a fishing trip. I’d like to hit Shasta and Coeur d'Alene.

p.s. I’ll try to find my pics from a previous discussion I had here.

Ok I’ve penciled in June 26th through July 4th only thing that will stop me is poor results from a test at my cardiologist today.

Will leave late afternoon of the 25th and fish Melones on the 26th.
    Drive to Redding/Shasta the 27th and hopefully do your live well early evening.
    Then fish Shasta on the 28th & 29th. Then drive to Coeur d,Alene on the 30th and 31st.
    If we don’t get your live well done on the 27th we can finish it the morning of the 30th, hopefully.
    If the repair was held up due to lack of parts we'll finish on my way back down on the 4th.

Let me know.

18. Member
    Crap I got busy missed your post...today is July 1st...so sorry..hope all went well with your cardio! I would still take you after the 4th if you can...top water early...
    Ok I’ve penciled in June 26th through July 4th only thing that will stop me is poor results from a test at my cardiologist today.

Will leave late afternoon of the 25th and fish Melones on the 26th.
    Drive to Redding/Shasta the 27th and hopefully do your live well early evening.
    Then fish Shasta on the 28th & 29th. Then drive to Coeur d,Alene on the 30th and 31st.
    If we don’t get your live well done on the 27th we can finish it the morning of the 30th, hopefully.
    If the repair was held up due to lack of parts we'll finish on my way back down on the 4th.

Let me know.

19. Member
    I am so sorry...if you can get an extra day or two...I promise you some top water that your cardiologist would say is good for your heart.

Sorry partner, been there done that.

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....=1#post9473891

Drove straight up and straight back only stayed two days. Let me know if you need help.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast