MEGA Trolling Motor Transducer Hardware Kit - what is this?

I have a Solix at both console and bow. I ordered the mounting kit to put my bow Solix mega transducer on the trolling motor and it came with a power cable (picture attached). The instructions don't say anything about it. Is this meant to connect the Solix unit to power as a way to reduce potential interference?

Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    Answered my own question. It is meant to connect onboard charger to starting battery to reduce interference. Seriously? GO Figure Solix 12 Interference on TM - You need a dang Choke

3. Banned
    yup. just added mine last week. i didnt have any interference before but what the heck. it won't work for everyone

4. Member
    I received one of these as well with my Mega DI ducer for the TM. I understand where the choke goes but don't get how its so to work. When the TM is deployed and sonar with this ducer is active, the big motor is off so all of the on board chargers are off.

Is this choke mainly for transom transducers when you're moving with the big motor?

5. Banned
    it doesn't matter if the charger is off. it's still connected to the trolling motor batteries and starting battery