Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    If I lie like that at my job I get fired. IMO he should be also. And that's no political, or anything b.s., just the fact that this guy is supposed to report facts, check those facts before they get reported, and do it in an unbiased viewpoint.

2. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kry29 View Post
    If I lie like that at my job I get fired. IMO he should be also. And that's no political, or anything b.s., just the fact that this guy is supposed to report facts, check those facts before they get reported, and do it in an unbiased viewpoint.
    wow, writing letters to the editor is a job??? wonder what it pays???

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lakefolk View Post
    wow, writing letters to the editor is a job??? wonder what it pays???
    My bad, I thought the guy was writing a column. But the editor might pay good lol

I thought it was satire at first. I can't believe they even published it
    2019 BassCat Lynx 2019 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke - 2B573410
    "Reality Is Often Disappointing."

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ckfishin View Post
    Kinda what I thought. Whoever is in charge there must be looking to stir up some feedback from somewhere.
    GETFISHED !!!

6. Member
    2,350 boats in a tournament, dont they have flights? And I bet they have at least one of them a weekend right?(sarcastic question).
    He's bitchin about something that happens once a year and often early in the morning before anybody else is out and about. And 100 mph my ass. Douche and dumbass.
    2018 Xpress H20 Bay
    Got it finally! Pictures soon to come...

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryT View Post
    Guy has to be a member here

I bet the author had a temper tantrum when Trump won.
    Ranger Forever

Quote Originally Posted by jham0077 View Post
    2,350 boats in a tournament, dont they have flights? And I bet they have at least one of them a weekend right?(sarcastic question).
    He's bitchin about something that happens once a year and often early in the morning before anybody else is out and about. And 100 mph my ass. Douche and dumbass.
    I fished the event. Had a great time but 72mph was my top speed.

10. Member
    Lol. What a turd.

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jham0077 View Post
    The author was painting a picture of the first turn after takeoff at a supercross race, he must be confused.

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowhuntercoop View Post
    Hoot I may of come off as a jerk, my bad. Clearly I don’t know this guy or know his agenda. Check out rate my proff. Seems students are too fond of him either haha.
    No you don't come across that way.... The guy understandably rubs most of us the wrong way just hate to give individuals who spread falsehoods any credibility by possibly making any false statements about them...... I appreciate your service to our country as I do his I doubt he gets much traction in the state of Missouri especially in the Springfield area where a big chunk of the population and local economy enjoy the benefits of Bass Fishing.

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    It was probably better to publish it and let him look foolish than to give him a platform to claim he was unfairly being censored for his views.....People read it, people write letters in response or support, more people buy the paper to see what happens next, a letter to the editor is like a "Rant" on the BBC builds pages and post counts and hopefully the "Ranter" feels better and all the "Rantees" get to take jabs or relate to the "Ranters Rant" and nothing changes.

14. robdy72
    Somebody give that guy a hug. He needs it after a made up rant like that.

15. Member
    Yes, that's my local newspaper. What a A-(ole. Did not say a word a Ski boats or jet skis. I wonder if he knows Spfd Mo is home of BPS??? And many Bass boat built around here???

16. Member
    Wow another case of the media blowing things out of proportion and a lot of false info in the article but I guess as tax paying citizens bass fisherman have no rights this is one that one of the major tournament sactioning bodies needs to respond to right in bass pro's backyard.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowhuntercoop View Post
    I googled him. Vietnam vet. Some professor now at a liberal college. He sounds like a pussy. Prolly a draft dodger that got drafted and hates America. Shame cause I’m a Marine Corps vet and most old dudes I meet from nam are solid dudes. Sounds like he was a navy man...
    NAVY BOY !!!

18. Member
    Guess I need to put 2 motors on the back so I can get to 100 mph

Yep, but I bet they've gotten more hits on this article than anything that rag has published in the last 100 years.

Letters to the editor, is a source if humor to me. There is some real funny stuff written in those columns.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast