SOLIX 12 SI MAPPING ISSUES. NEED HELP

All of a sudden my mapping will not work on my Solix 12. My chart stays zoomed way out and will not let me zoom in. After a few seconds the screen will go black the it comes up again zoomed way out. It keeps repeating this. Any ideas? I have done a soft and hard reset, still no fix.

What SD map cards do you have in the unit and which map are you trying to use.
    2024 Phoenix 21 XE - Mercury 250 PRO XS Serial #3B429919
    2017 Phoenix PHX 21 - Yamaha 250 SHO
    2010 Skeeter 20i - Yamaha 250 SHO
    1988 Procraft 1780 Competitor - Mercury 100

Maybe an issue with the card or card slot? Did you try the other card slot?
    2024 Phoenix 21 XE - Mercury 250 PRO XS Serial #3B429919
    2017 Phoenix PHX 21 - Yamaha 250 SHO
    2010 Skeeter 20i - Yamaha 250 SHO
    1988 Procraft 1780 Competitor - Mercury 100

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Meleagris1 View Post
    Maybe an issue with the card or card slot? Did you try the other card slot?
    I tried both slots. Tried my other lakemaster card from my bow unit, still didn’t work. But both cards work in my bow unit. It’s looking like maybe a circuit board issue. Gonna have to call humminbird Monday. Everyone I’ve talked to has no clue either lol.

5. Member
    I would reset your software first and see if that works.
    2020 Warrior 1890 Tiller 90hp Mercury 4stroke
    Apex 19 Mega si. Solix 1-15 si, Solix 2-15 si, Terova iLink, Mega 360, Mega Live

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by N9Phil View Post
    I would reset your software first and see if that works.
    I did a soft reset of just the chart features, didn’t work. Then did a hard reset and still no luck

7. Banned
    Chart select chart? I downloaded one and it won't share between the Solix units even though it supposed to.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pfisher View Post
    Chart select chart? I downloaded one and it won't share between the Solix units even though it supposed to.
    Not sure I understand your question?

9. Member
    Problem solved. If you ever experience this issue or anything related. 1. Take out any SD cards you have in the unit (mapping cards, boat lanes card, etc) 2. Insert an SD card to back up all your waypoints. 3. Then DELETE all your Nav Data. 4. Power off and Power on the unit. 5. Import Nav data. 6. Re-install mapping cards. 7. Good to go..........I was told that any of my Nav Data files could be corrupted somehow. Don't understand why but this fixed it.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by amac View Post
    Problem solved. If you ever experience this issue or anything related. 1. Take out any SD cards you have in the unit (mapping cards, boat lanes card, etc) 2. Insert an SD card to back up all your waypoints. 3. Then DELETE all your Nav Data. 4. Power off and Power on the unit. 5. Import Nav data. 6. Re-install mapping cards. 7. Good to go..........I was told that any of my Nav Data files could be corrupted somehow. Don't understand why but this fixed it.
    Thank you for posting your fix for this. My ONIX started doing the very same thing after I installed the last update. I will give your method a try and see if it works. I sure do Love this website! Thanks again for posting!

11. Member
    Amac,
    I followed your procedure with my ONIX and it worked for me to be able to zoom in to my chart view. I am still limited when following the contour but I can live with that! Thanks again for posting your solution, isn’t it crazy that you were able to help me fix this but Humminbird had no clue! Jim

This is interesting. There have been issues with some past updates that after the update there were problems that turned out to be waypoint related. The theory then was that there had always been some issue with the waypoints but the new release was more picky...hence problems after updating.

Is it possible this could be the problem some people have problems updating to the current Onix/Solix release and others do not?
    __________________________________________________ ___

**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**
    __________________________________________________ ___

Units ..... 1197 (6.310) ...1198 (6.490) ... Helix 12 MSI G3N