Mercury 150 4 stroke - Smartcraft / gauge questions

SERIAL # 2B579977

Mercury SmartCraft 1.01-1.02

Despite my best efforts at getting my first muskie this year ( missed a nice one this morning ) the weather gods were against me with high winds along with thunder and lightning, so it is back to getting my new motor set up.

So, I definitely need / want the " Optional " Water Block Pressure Sensor which I believe is Part # 8M0059531.

I also do not like that my analog trim gauge no longer works. I thought there was a conversation kit that will give you both digital & analog, but I am not finding it. Is it one or the other ? I am thinking I need Part # 8M0098273 to get my analog back from its current dead status ...

Thanks for confirming.

Paulski

2. Member
    Just a tip for the water pressure sensor: get a crows foot wrench for the install, or, prepare to use a lot of bad words!

Don

3. Member
    What is the reccomend water pressure for this motor?

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GoneFishingLTN View Post
    What is the reccomend water pressure for this motor?
    Mind is near 35 psi at full throttle. Cursing about 25 psi.

5. Member
    Many thanks, I was hoping somebody was able to come up with a solution to get both for water pressure and trim/tilt. I am halfway there ...

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    GUYS- PLEASE read the Forum Announcements! We do not and will not support "bay" purchases here. Period!

For Parts and Accessories Assistance, see Rhonda's Post (pinned at the top of the forum)- she can assist you with whatever you might need.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor