Anyone been to East Lake Toho at night lately

I used to fish East Lake Toho at night quite a bit years ago during the summer months when I lived in Orlando. When the water was up like I'm sure it is now we had a blast. We had a number of 30 to 40 bass nights. Just wondering has anyone been out there recently? How's the night bite? I don't need spots, I just want to know if it's worth the long drive down from Ocala (and costly, damn tolls) Thanks
    Brad Krone

2. Member
    FISHED THEM TOURNAMENTS TO, BACK IN THE DAY VERY FUN LAKE AT NIGHT, BUT HAVNT BEEN OUT THERE IN YEARS

3. Member
    How did you guys catch them back then at night, never tried it just heard it could be good. Also was it during full moons or anytime

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rocknemo View Post
    How did you guys catch them back then at night, never tried it just heard it could be good. Also was it during full moons or anytime
    Buzzbaits and big worms is where I would start

5. Member
    Yup... great night tournament's. Buzzbaits in the back water. Pitched worms in the reeds on the edge. It was a blast. Loved it when a 5 to 10 pounder would nail a buzzbait on the pitch black night in 2 foot of water. What a rush.
    Brad Krone

6. Banned
    Brad- There is a Wed. night tx at Lake Henderson from 18:00-22:00 Dave Cutler runs it out of the 44 Ramp.

More info @ 44Tackle. or ApopkaMarine.

7. Member
    Thanks. May have to try it. How is the night bite out there. I've never fished Henderson at night
    Brad Krone

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonBrad View Post
    Yup... great night tournament's. Buzzbaits in the back water. Pitched worms in the reeds on the edge. It was a blast. Loved it when a 5 to 10 pounder would nail a buzzbait on the pitch black night in 2 foot of water. What a rush.
    I use to use Musky Jitterbugs at night on Orange & Lochloosa in the '70's. I had a buddy catch a 13 pounder on it.

Quote Originally Posted by rocknemo View Post
    Used to drag a black paddle tail worm through the reeds.
    XPRESS H 18 SS, YAMAHA 115

10. Member
    That all sounds awesome, I've tried some night trips around here in the past with no luck, but figured those clear lakes over there would be better suited then our mudholes here. Now the problem would be trying to stay up that late:(

11. Member
    Black buzz bait with gurgle toad or other twin tail trailer and finesse worms with 3/16 weight. Also, one of my all time favorites on east lake at night .... black devils horse and change the hooks to large ones. All outside the reeds and boat trails.

12. Banned
    Thanks. May have to try it. How is the night bite out there. I've never fished Henderson at night

I've never fished the lake at night. I can't swim; way too many mosquitos and I'm usually asleep by 21:00