motorguide mount on Skeeter need to fix it right

Have an older motorguide tour 70 and there is a lot of play on the mount and flex in the bow that has been getting worse .

I can see a lot of flex in the area where it is mounted on the Motorguide isolators.

Couple of years ago I cut down two of the isolators ( ones closest to the bow panel ) and rans bolts through a 1/2 inch piece of starboard with washers and lock nuts one them for some support.

Problem was I was unable to reach the 4 front bolts so I got stuck putting new isolators back in .

Would like to run maybe a 1/8 inch small piece of aluminum plate underneath the deck and run some bolts with washers nuts on them.

Tried to get into the area by removing the comforttroll but that did not work too far of a reach .

Can I somehow enlarge the hole beneath the bow plate to create more room to gain access ?

Also could I just ditch the Motorguide isolators and put some type of rubber pad underneath the mount ?

If I can figure out a way to gain access I may just end up getting a new mount as the trolling motor woks great jut the dang slop in the mount and bow flex.

2. Member
    took the motor and mount off yesterday. tried to get to the fron two and midle bolts but coule not from underneath.

super glued washer to nylon nut , taped nut in open end wrench. could not get the damm nut started on the bolt on or my wrench would get stuck in there .

Tried shorter bolts, no dice , tried to see toggle bolts would work, they are just to are too long to get them to open underneath.

Wanted to get a support plate under the front but that does not even seem possible with the tight fit.

Looks like I am stuck using the crappy isolator bolts which I am now out of and they seemed to long for the front holes anyhow.

Evene attached the wrench to some items to make it longer , like a sturday paint stick .

You can line everything up , put the cut isolator in then I was stuck.

Sorry for the rant but what a reason to end my season .