Thread: Mille Lacs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mille Lacs

Hows the smallmouth fishing ? Going around the 1st of August , what lures I need to bring and how deep to fish?

Search for Seth Feider's Mille Lacs videos on YouTube. Pretty much everything you'll need to know.
    There was a time that I didn't fish but I cannot remember it.

3. Member
    Hows smallmouth fishing on Mille lacs?

4. Member
    I've heard it's been extremely tough lately and getting a ton of pressure. Haven't been there personally since May though.

5. Member
    Edit to my post above. A ton of pressure from not only recreational fishing but also a ton of tournaments.

6. Member
    Well Hell, that sucks! I may not make the trip then! I can zero locally!!!!!

7. Member
    The boys fished the HS tourney up there last week and I think about a third of the 140 teams zeroed. Looks like the same is happening today according to the live tracker for the Classic Bass. Two hrs in and only 15 of them have a fish.

8. Member
    Pressure has put a hurt on that lake.

9. Member
    Welcome to "The rest of the country". Minnesota has been spoiled with lots of lakes, no bass pressure and stupid, big bass. So the Mille Lacs smallies are getting more educated. Time to step up your game. Try jumping on a lake in San Diego and catching a bunch. Lol. Gotta have game there.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KramerSP View Post
    Welcome to "The rest of the country". Minnesota has been spoiled with lots of lakes, no bass pressure and stupid, big bass. So the Mille Lacs smallies are getting more educated. Time to step up your game. Try jumping on a lake in San Diego and catching a bunch. Lol. Gotta have game there.
    Time to step up your game???

Wow....

I guess we're a bunch of Neanderthals up here.

Stay in MD

12. Member
    I didnt mean it that way! C'mon! Lots of great sticks in Minnesota. I used to live there before I went active duty. And I'm just being honest. I grew up there. And fishing there is the best in the country in my opinion. Go bass fishing and not catch more than 10 and it's a slow day! Then the good ol navy started moving me around and I realized the true meaning of "pressured" fish. Bass get flogged around the country so they get pretty smart. It just really shows when you get bass pressure on a fishery in Minnesota because we are used to mostly walleye pressure. Anyway, sorry if I offended somebody.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hydrashack View Post
    Stay in MD
    LOL! "Minnesota Nice".

I didnt mean it that way! C'mon! Lots of great sticks in Minnesota. I used to live there before I went active duty. And I'm just being honest. I grew up there. And fishing there is the best in the country in my opinion. Go bass fishing and not catch more than 10 and it's a slow day! Then the good ol navy started moving me around and I realized the true meaning of "pressured" fish. Bass get flogged around the country so they get pretty smart. It just really shows when you get bass pressure on a fishery in Minnesota because we are used to mostly walleye pressure. Anyway, sorry if I offended somebody.
    Agree, I moved to Texas and I found out what heavily pressured lakes are. I'm back in Minnesota again and so happy to be back. Fishing is incredible here. The fish may not be as big, but I will take numbers almost any day.
    Allison XB21 2+2
    Mercury 300R

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by C_W View Post
    The boys fished the HS tourney up there last week and I think about a third of the 140 teams zeroed. Looks like the same is happening today according to the live tracker for the Classic Bass. Two hrs in and only 15 of them have a fish.
    Final results to that Classic Bass tourney. What makes it worse is that it's a MLF style C&R tourney where every fish is weighed, so these are not 5 fish limit weights!

24lb 4oz
    23lb 10oz
    19lb 9oz
    19lb
    17lb 9 oz
    16lb 11oz
    16lb 8oz
    16lb 1oz
    14lb 3oz
    13lb 6oz
    13lb 1oz
    12lb 13oz
    11lb 10oz
    11lb 1oz
    8lb 6oz
    6lb 14oz
    6lb 13oz
    6lb 3oz
    4lb 13oz
    3lb 11oz
    3lb 1oz
    2lb 14oz
    2lb 2oz
    0lb oz
    0lb oz
    0lb oz
    0lb oz

16. Member
    Ouch. Was it windy or something? Anyone target largemouth? I feel like those are overlooked in that lake.

Ouch. Was it windy or something? Anyone target largemouth? I feel like those are overlooked in that lake.
    -ssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

18. Member
    5-10 out of the North, they launched on the south side of the lake.

19. Member
    They were 20 years ago. Now there's just not that many.

20. Member
    LOL. I've pounded some largemouth on Mille Lacs and it was maybe a couple years ago.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast