Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SeaDek on a bass boat??

I am thinking about ordering my x19 with SeaDek. Does anyone have SeaDek or know someone that does and what is your/their opinion of it?

2. Member
    I’d be interested in knowing too. I have heard it won’t hold up as long as carpet but don’t have any true evidence.

3. Member
    Holds up must better then carpet actually. Check out Susquehanna Smallmouth guides, Joe Raymond has been using it since it came out on his custom river jets for guiding. He has videos of power washing it and care for it. My x19 doesn’t have it since I bought it used but I would add sea deck over carpet hands down. I prefer the xpress sprayed finish over both but sea deck is legit. If I get sick of my plain deck I will order sea deck hands down.
    2017 x19 175 sho

4. Member
    I have the sprayed deck in my 2017 Ranger, it’s about 18 months old now? I’ll have had it two years in Sept. so far it’s holding up fantastic. Ranger calls theirs Rawhide. It’s not as soft as SeaDeck. I’d also own SeaDeck before carpet.

I think big bass dreams on youtube has it on his deck, it looks nice for sure.

6. mikesxpress
    I suggest than anyone considering Sea Deck get a piece and try it before paying for a pattern kit and then the material to outfit an entire boat. I put a 20x30 piece in front of my trolling motor on my Z21 Intracoastal as trial by peeling 2" off each corner. After 3 weeks of multiple trips per week of red fish/rock fishing I tried repeatedly to get blood and goo stains out of it and it would never come clean. Removed it and went back to my pebble finish. Much easier to keep clean. A few minutes with the water wash down hose, dry by the time I get to the ramp. Just like it never happened. This stuff is better suited for the Ya' hooers swim platfom. Rum & coke might wash off????

I have heard from a few friends who had it on their wake boats that if you wear shoes when you fish it is tough on the Sea Deck. I was told by both of them to stay with carpet. I plan on replacing my carpet in the next year or so. I have looked in to Sea Deck and it looks good but it is very expensive...….

Spanky

I have no problem cleaning mine, way easier to take care of than carpet

9. Member
    I looked into it for my Phoenix. It is extremely expensive! Like $6-7 grand expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by 1fejj View Post
    I looked into it for my Phoenix. It is extremely expensive! Like $6-7 grand expensive.
    Should be around $3,000.00 from a good installer . My concern is if you fish in cold weather does it get slick with frost on it .

11. Member
    Looking at ordering an express x19. The additional cost is $1600.00, carpet is $500.00. Just don't want to make a big mistake.

12. Banned
    I’ve got some hydroturf in select places on my Intercoastal Triton, about 4 years now. I like it and may cover both decks solid with it. The grit finish is great except things slide easy and it’s rough on reels
    Last edited by dtrooster; 06-17-2018 at 08:53 PM.

13. Banned
    my buddy did parts of his

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LTZ25 View Post
    Should be around $3,000.00 from a good installer . My concern is if you fish in cold weather does it get slick with frost on it .
    My sprayed surface gets slick with frost, but it's not padded like Seadeck. It's more like the roughed up surface you would find on a salt water rig. It's VERY easy to keep clean.

Quote Originally Posted by n2ratfishin View Post
    My sprayed surface gets slick with frost, but it's not padded like Seadeck. It's more like the roughed up surface you would find on a salt water rig. It's VERY easy to keep clean.
    Well I've got non-skid on my boat but in the cold 39 and lower it bad until sun hits it .

16. Member
    Our entire boat deck is a light gray, synthetic foam. Ranger Z520CI Intracoastal. Wash it down with a hose. No more carpet for us.
    "Semper Fi"
    USMC (ret)

Quote Originally Posted by Natch64 View Post
    Our entire boat deck is a light gray, synthetic foam. Ranger Z520CI Intracoastal. Wash it down with a hose. No more carpet for us.
    How does it do with frost on it ?

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyBoy30 View Post
    my buddy did parts of his

Your buddy has a customization problem lol

19. Member
    I've read on here that it sometimes will stain and once stained, it is almost impossible to get the stains out of the foam. Otherwise, it looks nice, but IMO it is too expensive for just some foam mat.

20. mikesxpress
    As noted previously. Get a piece and try it for yourself under actual fishing conditions. Opinions on here are not going to justify $2-4K of Sea Deck. Neither is a gadget guy install where the closest they ever came to a fish was when they drove past Captain D's.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast