SeaDek on a bass boat??

I am thinking about ordering my x19 with SeaDek. Does anyone have SeaDek or know someone that does and what is your/their opinion of it?

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuhuna View Post
    I am thinking about ordering my x19 with SeaDek. Does anyone have SeaDek or know someone that does and what is your/their opinion of it?
    I have the sea deck In my x19 .If I had it to do over would get carpet.Lids are really loud.A lot harder to clean than I thought it would be..Make sure reel is on it side when straped down make dents in it .Made one little hole

3. Member
    I have too. On the fence. I really like how it feels on my feet but as mentioned cleaning is not as easy as I would have guessed. I generally have to take a pressure washer to it.

4. Member
    I just picked up my X19 with Seadeck a week and a half ago. I'm a little concerned about how it will stand up. The service staff at the dealership left a few scars in it when I had to take it back for hot foot and trolling motor transducer adjustments. They left it dirty as well, but it cleaned up with a scrub brush. Like how quickly it dries, but the light color makes me worry it will show everything.
    Probably too early to give a real opinion, but if you are a perfectionist like me, you should really weigh the extra $1300 investment over carpet.

5. Member
    How many of you just have the standard coating, no carpet or SeaDek? How do you like it? I really like the idea of simple maintenance.

6. Member
    I have the standard coating and like it except for 2 things. It is hard when standing on it for a long time and noisy if you drop something like a lead weight on it.

It cleans up easy though and will probably last as long as the boat.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuhuna View Post
    How many of you just have the standard coating, no carpet or SeaDek? How do you like it? I really like the idea of simple maintenance.
    I have the standard. Holds up much better then carpet or sea deck. My last g3 had it and I knew when I bought an xpress I would not buy one with carpet. Hose it down, scrub it with a brush, power wash it. Will hold up better then anything else for sure.
    2017 x19 175 sho

8. Member
    I have the Xpress coat and love it. May at some point may have carpet cut to fit and made to snap in for the front deck, but so far I've not missed carpet a bit

Steve Dyer
    Mt. Pleasant, NC