26 fury vs tempest plus

would a 26 fury be too much prop on a 2012 stratos 201 w/ a 250 pro xs? I currently have a 26 tempest plus but it needs some work and am debating buying a new fury or getting the tempest fixed and blueprinted. Thanks for the help.

2. Member
    A 25 Fury turns like a 26 Tempest. A 26 Fury will run like a 27 Tempest.

3. Member
    The Tempest will carry loads better.

4. Member
    So tried the 26 fury today. I was at 74 @ 59XX rpms and gaining before i had to back out of it due to running out of water in my cove lol. I can tell that the fury does not have as much lift and needs a tad more trim, but the chine was SO SO easy to control, i could take my hand off the steering wheel almost at 70+ the tempest plus i have CHINES like CRAZY and its so hard to control that i really dont feel comfortable above 67 68 tbh. I wonder if i have been overtrimming my Tempest plus... the hole shot seems to be the same between the 2 props. Any thoughts? I think my tempest plus being fixed and blueprinted would probally be the faster prop, but i have only seen 74 w/ the tempest plus and that was about all it had, i was all over 6050, 6100.= rpms

Quote Originally Posted by hurky509 View Post
    So tried the 26 fury today. I was at 74 @ 59XX rpms and gaining before i had to back out of it due to running out of water in my cove lol. I can tell that the fury does not have as much lift and needs a tad more trim, but the chine was SO SO easy to control, i could take my hand off the steering wheel almost at 70+ the tempest plus i have CHINES like CRAZY and its so hard to control that i really dont feel comfortable above 67 68 tbh. I wonder if i have been overtrimming my Tempest plus... the hole shot seems to be the same between the 2 props. Any thoughts? I think my tempest plus being fixed and blueprinted would probally be the faster prop, but i have only seen 74 w/ the tempest plus and that was about all it had, i was all over 6050, 6100.= rpms
    Call Ronnie Gilbert 337 380 1437 , He is the guru on Fury Props. I used to be a diehard Tempest guy until he prepped a Fury for me.
    Thank You Leon Pugh

Quote Originally Posted by lpugh View Post
    Call Ronnie Gilbert 337 380 1437 , He is the guru on Fury Props. I used to be a diehard Tempest guy until he prepped a Fury for me.
    where is he located

Alabama or
    Louisiana.
    I think ?
    Last edited by lpugh; 06-24-2018 at 12:37 PM.
    Thank You Leon Pugh

Pitch for pitch IF YOU CAN TURN IT, The fury is faster. Zeke is correct. When I had a 250 Pro XS, I ran a 26 Fury, 27 Tempest and 28 Bravo all within 100 RPM's and 2 MPH of each other.

Joe Perez
    Boatless white trash

9. Member
    I really like how easy it is to drive with the fury so far, so for now i guess i'll hold off on getting the tempest worked

Every hull and every prop is different. Advice here only goes so far. Ultimately you decide from trial and error what YOUR BOAT likes. I have several close contacts with same hull and we're all running different props.

Joe Perez
    Boatless white trash

Quote Originally Posted by rocketman6965 View Post
    Every hull and every prop is different. Advice here only goes so far. Ultimately you decide from trial and error what YOUR BOAT likes. I have several close contacts with same hull and we're all running different props.
    Thank You Leon Pugh