Spot Lock Waypoints being made

Every time I hit my spot lock, waypoints are showing up on my networked units. Any way to stop that from happening? I haven't used enough to notice if they are permanent or temporary? Any help appreciated.

2. Member
    When using the remote, it gives you option of whether to save it permanently. When using the pedal, I think it is supposed to be a temporary spotlock but have also noticed it is saving at least one of them. I rarely use the remote for spotlock and yet they occasionally get stored. It will then show up on all units networked with the TM if you have waypoint sharing On.
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

3. Banned
    i use the pedal 100% of the time and i've only seen it save 1 spot lock. when i un spot lock it removes the icon from the unit

4. Member
    I have not been using the remote, just the footpedal and it is marking a spot EVERY TIME I hit it. But it may be temporary....if it is temporary do you know how long it is on? Maybe until you turn the unit on and off? And yes it saves it on all 3 networked graphs. I need to turn the units on tonight and see if they are still there.....(fished last night)

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyBoy30 View Post
    i use the pedal 100% of the time and i've only seen it save 1 spot lock. when i un spot lock it removes the icon from the unit
    HMM, mine saves it every time......

6. Member
    I’ve been using mine for a couple months networked to two units....so far with the remote or the pedal it marks a spot lock waypoint while locked and then as soon as you turn spot lock off it’s gone. I don’t know if it’s a setting or not but that’s what I’m seeing.
    It counts how many times you use it too on the waypoints just to remind you how much you use it I think

7. Member
    I have 2014 Terrova. Use mini remote on belt loop 100% for everything including spot lock. When I activate I get icon on chart and 2 second " navigation started " on graph. When I hit spot lock or changed course again the icon disappears and " navigation stopped " appears for a second or two. Used to ask me if I wanted to save spot lock ( very annoying ) but that stopped with some update along the way I think. You can look in Nav Data to see is you are saving spot locks and either turn off or delete them.

Make sure you have the latest firmware - if I remember correctly last year I had this happen with my Onix units but it stopped when I updated.
    2024 Phoenix 21 XE - Mercury 250 PRO XS Serial #3B429919
    2017 Phoenix PHX 21 - Yamaha 250 SHO
    2010 Skeeter 20i - Yamaha 250 SHO
    1988 Procraft 1780 Competitor - Mercury 100

9. Member
    Hmm, they are not staying on their permanent, but this very annoying trough out the day. I think I am going to unlink from my units.....

10. Member
    Strange that most are using the same equipment linked and have two sides of the spectrum. I've been asking on here for months how to make the spotlock anchors (icons) disappear after unlocking and have yet to figure it out. Mine have so many over the last 18 months it's annoying. There has got to be a way in settings but I have not figured it out. Guess could restore both units to default settings but should be easier than that. Ultrex w/link 112, HB 1199, HB Helix 12 all linked.

11. Member
    Mine is Ultrex linked 112 linked to 1199, 1198 and 999.

12. Member
    Under Ipilot Settings on the FF, do you have Auto Upload Data On or Off? Not certain, but when using the pedal the spotlock location is stored in the TM memory while using spot lock and if Auto Upload Data is on then it gets transferred to the FF. I will be able to check tomorrow to see if this might be the issue.
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ezfishn View Post
    Under Ipilot Settings on the FF, do you have Auto Upload Data On or Off? Not certain, but when using the pedal the spotlock location is stored in the TM memory while using spot lock and if Auto Upload Data is on then it gets transferred to the FF. I will be able to check tomorrow to see if this might be the issue.
    Oh wow, I will check this out, could very well be....thank you!

14. Banned
    mine is on the default setting if there is one. i've never changed any setting to make the spot lock waypoints disappear when i unlock from spot lock

15. Member
    ipilot sync is the option in the Solix Nav Data screen. Default is off. Bob
    Note: auto upload data is the option in the ipilot menu in the Helix. It also defaults to Off
    Last edited by bobcoy; 06-22-2018 at 10:30 AM.