18TRX 200 G2 or 200 ProXS V8

So I thought I was set to order a 18TRX with a 200hp ProXS 4 Stroke V8. The G2 is 10 year no declining warranty out the gate. The Merc is 3 years and 3k more to extend to 8 years. I hear nothing but good about the G2. There’s not enough info on the V8’s yet, but I hear there lacking mid range though.

HELP!!!!!!

Tough decision...How close are your Evinrude/Mercury dealers? Is the 200 G2 a HO model or a regular 200?

3. Member
    Is the 200 HO G2. It’s the same dealer for service on either motor. It’s a little over a hour. I was set on the V8. But there making the deal on G2 aggressively the same as the Mercury. The 10 yr. non declining G2 warranty is very appealing. Trouble is there still isn’t a lot of info on the V8.

Warranty is hard to pass up...Plus the bugs have been worked out of the G2...The V8 is brand spanking new...G2 is fly by wire and is typically connected to your graphs via NMEA networking...The V8 is most likely mechanical and probably doesn't come with a nice multi-function color gauge like the G2 usually does...I love the G2 motors...I would still have one if I didn't have to drive 2-3 hours to the nearest dealer.

5. Member
    Ok I pulled the trigger on 2019 18TRX w/ 200Hp HO G2. With all the warranty and standard features you couldn’t beat it. It was going to be another 3k to extend warranty to only a total of 8 years. The Merc monitor was another $500. All gadgets to make the Merc work with my HDS units was another 6-$700. The G2 comes with a big color display, Nema backbone and a Point 1. The G2 gauge some how uses the Point 1.

Come on end end of July.

You are going to love the 18TRX with the 200HO G2. I have 36 hours on mine now and all is well. the hole shot on it is awesome.
    Dan Burnette - Marietta, GA
    Triton 18TRX - 200 HO G2

G2 gauge will use point one for speed...Don't forget to get the water pressure sensor to get PSI on the gauge... Also may want to get fluid level sensor for your gas tank so the level will show up on the gauge and graphs...

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by srobinson View Post
    Ok I pulled the trigger on 2019 18TRX w/ 200Hp HO G2. With all the warranty and standard features you couldn’t beat it. It was going to be another 3k to extend warranty to only a total of 8 years. The Merc monitor was another $500. All gadgets to make the Merc work with my HDS units was another 6-$700. The G2 comes with a big color display, Nema backbone and a Point 1. The G2 gauge some how uses the Point 1.

Come on end end of July.
    Im assuming by your location that your purchasing from Thayers. I bought a 20TRX with G2 from them this year. Very impressive boat/motor. The Torque curve is awesome! I've been a Mercury Guy for a longtime and my whole family is too. It was a tough decision but the fourstroke was not released when I ordered mine and the 10 year warranty was hard to pass up.

9. Member
    I just ordered a 19 trx patriot and went with the 225 pro XS 2 stroke. I thought about waiting to get the four stroke but they are brand new and don’t want to be trying to get things worked out. I’m sure they will be great motors like the pro XS but I’m sure they have some bugs to be worked out. I love Mercury motors. So I would go with Mercury. I never had a G2 so I can’t comment on them. I’m sure you will be happy with either one you get.

Merc.