I’m so confused

so bought for first boat (used). It has Lowrance electronics. Specifically the hook series and has a hockey puck gps unit mounted on the back. I have a chance to get a min Kota Ultrex TM. It says it has a built in transducer, and it also has a hockey puck with it. Im assuming the hockey puck is for helping with the spot lock and such. But as far as the built in transducer will it work with my Lowrance? My current motor has a Lowrance transducer strapped to the motor by the prop.

2. Member
    Should be a generic 83/200. Give you 2D sonar and temp. You may need a adapter cord.
    Research what actual transducer is in the trolling motor.

You'll need the Lowrance adapter for the Built in transducer to connect to your Lowrance finder. The "hockey puck" is for the Ultrex to use the remote Jogging feature and is not for GPS. If the Ultrex has I-Pilot and Link, then you can use Humming Bird finders and utilize more features of the Ultrex tracking feature.
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by wmitch2 View Post
    You'll need the Lowrance adapter for the Built in transducer to connect to your Lowrance finder. The "hockey puck" is for the Ultrex to use the remote Jogging feature and is not for GPS. If the Ultrex has I-Pilot and Link, then you can use Humming Bird finders and utilize more features of the Ultrex tracking feature.

so do you need hummingbird....or high end electronics to use a ultrex? Or can I get it to spot lock and things like that with a low end hummingbird 698?

All the features of the Ultrex will work with any depth finder, Spot Lock, Navigation, Jog, Trail ( up to 16 trails) etc. If you get the "LINK" option, then you can Trail as many as your HUMMINBIRD unit will hold. This feature only works with Humminbirds tho. You can set it to follow a saved trail or follow a specific depth. DOES NOT WORK WITH ANY OTHER UNIT BUT !!!
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms

I have an ultrex and using a helix 7 up front. i bought an wire adapter for the built in
    ducer. only way to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by tav View Post
    I have an ultrex and using a helix 7 up front. i bought an wire adapter for the built in
    ducer. only way to use it.
    Which Ultrex did you get, I-Pilot or I-Pilot Link
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms

i pilot. ya you can use the old style rap around ducer.
    or just add the cable and hook it up.