Thread: good deal?

good deal?

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with 2000 Stratos 19ss Extreme Bass Boat 200hp. I'm looking for my first bass boat and come across this one. I haven't physically looked at it yet. The guy wants $7500 for it. Any input, good or bad?

Thanks

2. Member
    Sounds like a good deal, if all checks out good. Those are nice boats.

2016 Triton 20 TRX Patriot, 250 PRO XS
    Shawn Willoughby

3. Member
    Extreme boats are fast and stable.
    Only issue i know of is the seal where the top metal trim on the splashwell and black rubrail on back of boat tends to leak. Known issue with the Extreme boats. Buddy has one and took to shop they could not find the water leaking inside the rear compartment. We went on lake and i used a inspection camera as he put in reverse and gave gas you could see water entering through the rubrail. Correct fix is to remove jackplate and seal metal trim and also underneath black rub rail.
    They also are prone to more stress cracks on tops of gunwale. Nothing structural, just cosmetic.
    What brand motor does it have? I assume a 200hp Ficht??

4. Member
    Here is the ad.

https://omaha.craigslist.org/boa/d/2...617002564.html

Stratos 19SS Extreme bass boat. Runs Great, has a new 65lb thrust trolling motor, decent electronics and newer bench seats. Plenty of storage, live wells and an Evinrude 200hp motor. It goes over 65 with 2 adults and full load. I was in the process of prepping it for a boat wrap but need to sale due to relocating It is priced well below NADA due to the blemished Gel coat. Fishes great and starts every time, 3 newer deep cycle batteries new last month cranking battery and new wheels and tires that have less than 100 miles on them. Also Just upgraded the charging system when I put on the new trolling motor.

I asked about the gel coat blemish and he said the top cap of the gel coat is worn off. Is this something I should let be a deal breaker? He dropped the price to $6000
    Last edited by dbooth; 06-18-2018 at 09:09 AM.

5. Member
    65 isnt a 36 volt likely so why 3 batteries? my boat has been great as has my motor but I am the only owner. for that price you could repower? also look trailer over very well for rust. the plastic is very burnt and likely cannot get new is the worst thing I see other than the old motor
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

6. Member
    that motor looks different than my 2000? doesn't say RAM injection? looks more like a 99 motor which is a one year motor I would avoid like the plague!!! know a guy who got a good deal on a 201 pro with a 99 motor, many grand late it was traded in still not running right!!
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

7. Member
    I ended up passing on the boat. My wife told me if I get rid of my current boat first instead I can start looking in the 15-20k range. I've noticed a pretty big difference in the 10-12k to the 15-20k boats. It seems like a no-brainer to me

Yup - a 3k to 10k dollar difference.

Don't get in a hurry or you'll spend more to get less. Best time to sell yours is now, although a couple months ago was better. Best time to buy will be starting in a couple months.