Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Holeshot.. pvs plugs...

So... I was able to get the boat out for a couple hours today. The holeshot was horrible. I do have all four pvs holes plugged. I was told that the 4 stroke motors do not benefit from the vents like the 2 stroke motors do. Is this true? Are you guys running with or without vents? Are you running plugs with holes drilled? Thanks.
    Sam Dunaway
    2005 Triton TR-21X
    Powered by Suzuki 250SS

2. Member
    No holes or vents in either of my zuke props. Both come out fast. 28 pitch 4 blade. 1 14.25 and the other 14.5 inch

3. Member
    I only have the 150ss on my Gambler but I also run Suzuki props. I have a 14.5” diameter by 27 pitch and have a good hole shot. I have also run a 15” diameter 24 pitch 4 blade and it had a good hole shot too.
    1998 Gambler Outlaw with a 2019 Suzuki 200SS, Ultrex Trolling motor with 360 imaging, two Helix 10's at the bow and two Helix 10's at the helm, and a custom Amera Trail trailer with Gator-Bak bunks on it!

Quote Originally Posted by firemech048 View Post
    I only have the 150ss on my Gambler but I also run Suzuki props. I have a 14.5” diameter by 27 pitch and have a good hole shot. I have also run a 15” diameter 24 pitch 4 blade and it had a good hole shot too.
    Any vent holes on your props?
    Sam Dunaway
    2005 Triton TR-21X
    Powered by Suzuki 250SS

5. Member
    Do you have a hydraulic jackplate? If so, you need to raise your motor when taking off and bring it down while on plane. I had the same issue and realized that I had my motor too low, once I raised it up, the holeshot improved.
    2018 Bass Cat Lynx w/Suzuki 250SS.

Yeh... it's on a hydraulic jack plate. The plate is at the highest setting. The motor needs to be brought up a couple of holes.
    Sam Dunaway
    2005 Triton TR-21X
    Powered by Suzuki 250SS

7. Member
    Just curious, when you have the JP all of the way up, what's your pad to prop measurement? I'm running an Atlas JP and when I take off, I have my motor up 4 to 5 inches on the JP. I need to look and see how low my motor is mounted on the JP. Regarding PVS holes, on the Suzuki 26P I'm running, I've ran with them completely open and with medium plugs and I can't tell a difference between the two. But then again, I don't worry about performance all that much anyway.
    2018 Bass Cat Lynx w/Suzuki 250SS.

8. Member
    non of my props have any pvs holes in them.
    1998 Gambler Outlaw with a 2019 Suzuki 200SS, Ultrex Trolling motor with 360 imaging, two Helix 10's at the bow and two Helix 10's at the helm, and a custom Amera Trail trailer with Gator-Bak bunks on it!

I don't know the prop to pad measurement. I can look at that this evening. I know the motor can be mounted higher, but before I do that, I want to try open holes on the prop.
    Sam Dunaway
    2005 Triton TR-21X
    Powered by Suzuki 250SS

10. Member
    I'll take some pics of my procraft tomorrow and where it all is. I have a 10 inch atlas jack with cavitation plate. I had to move mine up some on the motor after I first ran it. It sat too low in the water and was a little slow out.

11. Member
    Not saying your toon will setup exactly but will give you some idea of where mine runs out best.

Quote Originally Posted by procraftokie View Post
    Not saying your toon will setup exactly but will give you some idea of where mine runs out best.
    That would be awesome. I didn't get a chance to measure prop to pad last night, but will do that tonight when I get home from work.
    Sam Dunaway
    2005 Triton TR-21X