Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I see what you are saying. That is why we had the chains hooked up and I was ready to move the motor up. However, I didn't know if you can use the bottom mounting hole on these motors. I know there is a hole there, but it just seems a bit risky to use the very bottom or very top hole because it doesn't seem there is much "meat" around those holes.
    Sam Dunaway
    2005 Triton TR-21X
    Powered by Suzuki 250SS

2. Member
    I would guess these motors like to run high but can’t belive that you can maintain water pressure at less then 2.5” from prop to pad.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake520 View Post
    I would guess these motors like to run high but can’t belive that you can maintain water pressure at less then 2.5” from prop to pad.
    And that is why I want to wait until I get my water pressure indication working.
    Sam Dunaway
    2005 Triton TR-21X
    Powered by Suzuki 250SS

4. Member
    What are you getting for water pressure monitoring?

I have a C-10 color display but I need to install the pressure kit at the motor. Waiting for parts to come in.
    Sam Dunaway
    2005 Triton TR-21X
    Powered by Suzuki 250SS

6. Member
    What I found odd about Suzuki is that the ECM doesn't monitor water pressure unlike Mercury. The only reasoning I can think of is that maybe 4 Strokes are not as dependent on water cooling or pressure and rely more on the motor oil for cooling, hence the large +2gallon oil sump. If I remember reading the owners manual correctly, replacing the water pump is maybe a once a every other year/200 hour service item.
    2018 Bass Cat Lynx w/Suzuki 250SS.

I disagree. You need water for cooling because if you don't, your oil will just keep getting warmer. Need some kind of cooling medium.
    Sam Dunaway
    2005 Triton TR-21X
    Powered by Suzuki 250SS

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eliteangler View Post
    I disagree. You need water for cooling because if you don't, your oil will just keep getting warmer. Need some kind of cooling medium.
    I know that you definitely need water to cool the motor down, but there's no minimum water PSI that is stated anywhere that you must maintain. Mercury has the 15 PSI minimum, but I've yet to read anywhere what that minimum water pressure PSI should be for a Suzuki, that's all.
    2018 Bass Cat Lynx w/Suzuki 250SS.

9. Member
    My 4 stroke has basically no place designated to put a water pressure gauge. Your Suzuki tachometer will tell you if the motor is overheated.

Well... here's the thing. I opted for the C-10 color display instead of the Suzuki tachometer. I don't want to wait for a light to tell me my motor is hot. I want to see water pressure real time while running my engine. Another nice thing about the C-10 is that I get my engine temp, RPM, run time, and all other sorts of data all on one screen. I understand what you guys are saying and that is fine. However, I just want that information because it is important to me. I will find out what the minimum water pressure requirement is (at idle, and at wide open throttle). I will post that information on a separate thread. Thanks guys. Also, I will update this thread as things progress. Tight lines!!
    Sam Dunaway
    2005 Triton TR-21X
    Powered by Suzuki 250SS

11. Member
    I have a manual water pressure gauge on my 150ss. The gauge only reads up to 15psi. At an idle it will be around 4 to 5 psi and at full speed it will read 15psi +. I totally agree with you elitangler! I watch two gauges for the most part one is the tach and the other is the water pressure gauge! I had my water pressure gauge installed just under my tach for that reason.
    1998 Gambler Outlaw with a 2019 Suzuki 200SS, Ultrex Trolling motor with 360 imaging, two Helix 10's at the bow and two Helix 10's at the helm, and a custom Amera Trail trailer with Gator-Bak bunks on it!

Just to be frank... I am not bashing any of you guys for how you have your boats' instrumentation set up. I just like mine a certain way. I want all of the information I can get. I know that sounds kinda OCD, but it is just the way I am.
    Sam Dunaway
    2005 Triton TR-21X