2018 ZX questions about Elite Ti settings

I have a new 2018 ZX225 with the Lowrance TI units. The console has the LSS 2 and a through hull 2D transducer. The front unit is connected to the built in Ultrex transducer. The two units are connected with a NMEA which I believe will only allow waypoint sharing if both units are on when creating the waypoint.

Does anyone know what transducers you select in the settings on each unit? I am not sure if mine is correct. I want to make sure I have this setup correctly. Is there a place to select the LSS 2?

Any settings anyone can recommend? I plan on checking youtube but you know there are hundreds of videos, it gets overwhelming.

Thanks
    Jason

2. Member
    I tried a few different ones and was having issues with overlays on my chart. I reset my console unit to factory settings and now everything works fine.

3. Member
    Stay tuned....I have basically the same set up....let me go look.

4. Member
    Console is set at Total Scan M/H
    Front unit is generic 83/200 (should work for you also)

Do some homework on what exact transducer is in the trolling motor and you should be able to find it in the selections list. But I'm sure the generic will work.

5. Member
    I’ll check mine too. Data sources is a good start. I did find out through experience if you want both graphs to share new waypoints you save that day make sure they are both powered on I kept saving waypoints on ledges and did not have my front graph on and they did not show up. Weirdest thing. They connect NEMA 2000 but I guess they both have to be on sharing the data at the same time. I leave my settings at auto unless it’s super clear or muddy then I start adjusting. I leave surface clarity and or noise rejection off unless you absolutely have to use them. I think it chokes the sonar but to each its own. I’ll try to find out what transducers I have when I get back from my trip to Ireland.

6. Member
    Oh one other thing it won’t let you use high chirp 2D unless your structure scan is off. Not sure why this is. My old Gen3s never had that issue.

7. Member
    While y’all are discussing the Lowrance Elite units, how come I have to keep setting the time on my units? Seems every time I go, the time is off.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dreese View Post
    While y’all are discussing the Lowrance Elite units, how come I have to keep setting the time on my units? Seems every time I go, the time is off.
    Is it off by an hour? Or wrong time all together? I had to set mine for daylight savings.

9. Member
    Continuously off, not just by an hour. I feel like I have to set the time every time I go to the lake.