Bullet/Reels4Sale/Rods4Sale Moderator jayfaro's Avatar

Bill Lentine Memorial Tournament

Back Bay Trail- NH has some really exciting news…the final event of the year which is NOT part of the trail, on Newfound on Oct 13 will now be the Bill LENTINE MEMORIAL TOURNAMENT. Bill was an avid fisherman and prop guy in MA for years. I remember fishing against him 15-20 years ago. Unfortunately, Bill lost his battle with cancer in July of 2016. They held a benefit for him last year on Winni and it was a great success. Now it’s Back Bay’s turn to honor Bill.

Here’s our plan…I am hopeful we can get a full field to support Bill and his family. Here are some specifics, please pay particular attention to the payouts!

BILL LENTINE MEMORIAL TOURNAMENT
    Oct 13 2018
    Newfound Lake
    Hours 7am-3:15pm
    Entry $300/team
    MAX # of TEAMS: 25 (though might be increased to 30)
    Payouts:
    $300 x 25 teams= $7,500
    1st $2,500
    2nd $1,500
    3rd $1,000
    4th $750
    5th $500
    Total Payout $6,250
    Donation to Dana Farber in Bill Lentine’s honor $1,200
    100% of the money will be paid out to the top 5 teams along with the donation to Dana Farber along with the revised NH permit.

In addition there will be two optional pools:
    $20/Team Tournament Lunker (SM or LM): $500 based on 25 boats
    $20/Team First Loser: $500 based on 25 boats

I have already spoken to NH F&G and will be sending in a check to increase the # of boats and to turn this into an open event.

We will be asking for prepaid entry. If all 12 boats from the Back Bay Trail NH fish the event, that will leave only 13 remaining spots so it’s going to be important to make sure if someone wants to guarantee their spot, they pay ahead of time. Plus, by having everyone prepaid, it makes the registering in the morning simple and fast and all prize money will be ready to go.

Bill has already secured Bass Pro Shops and Pure Fishing as event sponsors as well. He’ll also be handling the advertising of this event with Pure Fishing so the word will be out!

Thanks to all of you guys for a great trail and for making this possible for Bill…it would be really great to be able to send a check for $1,200 in his Dad’s name.

Please call or email Chris or I anytime.

Jay Faro
    Jayfaro@yahoo.com
    978-273-8528

Chris Bolduc
    Cbolduc2@rcn.com
    603-321-0982
    Last edited by jayfaro; 06-15-2018 at 07:07 AM.
    Jay Faro
    Bullet 21xdc/300xs

2. Member
    Couple of quick questions for you Jay. 1) How early would you like the money for this event? I assume the earlier the better. 2) looking for more event sponsors? I MIGHT be able to help out with that.

3. Bullet/Reels4Sale/Rods4Sale Moderator jayfaro's Avatar
    Hey Snoov. How’s it going. Shoot me a text me tomorrow 978-273-8528. Since were dealing with a limited number of available teams (13 or so if my guess) the spots will be on a first come basis.

Regarding the sponsorship deal, Bill Jr is working with Bass Pro and Pure Fishing but if you have some additional sponsor ideas, we’d love the help!
    Jay Faro
    Bullet 21xdc/300xs

4. Bullet/Reels4Sale/Rods4Sale Moderator jayfaro's Avatar
    Looks like we've picked up a couple of BBC teams for this event so currently we're looking at 15 boats with 3 months remaining!!! This is a great benefit!

Thanks Sean and Randy!
    Jay Faro
    Bullet 21xdc/300xs

5. Bullet/Reels4Sale/Rods4Sale Moderator jayfaro's Avatar
    Just a reminder this getting closer and were now up to 16 boats or so...please do not hesitate to call/text/email me anytime with questions. It's a great lake at a great time of year and for a great cause!!!
    Jay Faro
    Bullet 21xdc/300xs

6. Bullet/Reels4Sale/Rods4Sale Moderator jayfaro's Avatar
    Up to 17 teams as checks are starting to come in! Bump for a good cause.
    Jay Faro
    Bullet 21xdc/300xs

7. Member
    I know it's only $10 so it's not a big deal anyway, but just curious, does the entry fees include the launch/weigh-in site fee that is typically needed when fishing a tourney on Newfound? Or was that not included in here? I'm hoping to make this one. Tough to convince the wife of it as it's our anniversary...

8. Bullet/Reels4Sale/Rods4Sale Moderator jayfaro's Avatar
    As far as I know there will not be a fee since the beach will be closed. I had a call into someone but they never got back to me. So unless I hear differently there won’t be a charge. Still sort of a work in progress so if anything changes I’ll post here.

Payouts post are based on 25 teams

Tournament is $300/team. There are two optional pools (lunker $20/1st loser $20) available as well.
    Last edited by jayfaro; 09-18-2018 at 11:55 AM.
    Jay Faro
    Bullet 21xdc/300xs

9. Bullet/Reels4Sale/Rods4Sale Moderator jayfaro's Avatar
    Waiting on a couple changes as we have picked up a couple of new sponsors including Jeff, Dan, and Jenn from Seven Lakes Marine Services in Sanbornville, NH

Payouts are based on 25 teams

Bill Lentine Memorial.jpg
    Jay Faro
    Bullet 21xdc/300xs