Thread: Shopping Cart

Shopping Cart

There are two kinds of people in the world.
    Those that put away their shopping carts when done, and those who don’t.
    After making a run to Sam’s and HD today I’m pretty sure “those who don’t” are in the majority these days. I used to think it was simply because some people are just lazy, and really don’t two $h!ts about anyone else. After today I’m adding “just plain stupid” to the list after watching two different people back over the cart “they” left behind their own car. And then get pissed when they had to get out and move it. Hilarious.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

2. Member
    We are surrounded by morons. A herd thinning is becoming necessary.

I can't stand it when I pull into a parking lot and half the spots have carts in them. Freaking lazy people
    " Talking to you is like clapping with one hand "
    Anthrax

The majority of drivers I see on the road:

Attached Images Attached Images
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

5. Member
    Yep..

6. Member
    They deserve what happens to there vehicle when they do that. I can't stand when lazy people leave them for it to hit other people's vehicle

7. Member
    Way back in the 1990'2 I was eating a Mcdonalds burger meal in their parking lot. I got out of my car to put the trash in their trash can. A Mcdonalds worker in his Mcdonalds shirt was standing there, and asked me what I was doing. I told him I was putting the trash in the trash can and he said "Throw it out your window please, my job is cleaning up the parking lot, and I like it much better than working in there".

Anyhow, here in Delaware it seems almost nobody has the energy to walk their empty cart back to the cart corral. I do, but I'm close to it because of my handicap tags.

SPEAK UP

You can be nice ( if it is an elderly person or a mom with little kids ) and say, I'll put your cart away if you're not physically able.

Or

If it is just a lazy dirtbag----- say whatever you want to him.

A few weeks ago I saw a guy at Menards (30-35 years old) push his cart between his pick up and the car parked next to his and unload the cart into the backseat of the pick up. When he finished he moved the cart closer to the car and walked around and got into his pick up. As I was walking to go in the store I hear this crunching and scraping sound. While backing out he snags the cart and boogers up the front fender on his truck and most the side of the car parked next to him. I walk over while he is looking at the damage, without him noticing I snap a pic of him. As I get close I say "Don't you just hate the lazy POS that can't put their carts in the corral, look at that, the corral is only two stalls away ". I was going to snap a picture of his plate but the car owner came back while we were standing there. While the pick up guy was getting his info out of his truck I told the car owner who's cart it was and what I saw, gave him my cell number if he needed a witness. Karma---

If the stores would reduce their cart inventory by 50% then carts would become scarce. People might actually take one from the parking lot to use. Or, an even better idea would be to have people check out a cart with a credit card, and have a surcharge applied if they don’t return it. That would be huge money maker for stores.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

Quote Originally Posted by Bassman Ia. View Post
    SPEAK UP

You can be nice ( if it is an elderly person or a mom with little kids ) and say, I'll put your cart away if you're not physically able.

Or

If it is just a lazy dirtbag----- say whatever you want to him.

A few weeks ago I saw a guy at Menards (30-35 years old) push his cart between his pick up and the car parked next to his and unload the cart into the backseat of the pick up. When he finished he moved the cart closer to the car and walked around and got into his pick up. As I was walking to go in the store I hear this crunching and scraping sound. While backing out he snags the cart and boogers up the front fender on his truck and most the side of the car parked next to him. I walk over while he is looking at the damage, without him noticing I snap a pic of him. As I get close I say "Don't you just hate the lazy POS that can't put their carts in the corral, look at that, the corral is only two stalls away ". I was going to snap a picture of his plate but the car owner came back while we were standing there. While the pick up guy was getting his info out of his truck I told the car owner who's cart it was and what I saw, gave him my cell number if he needed a witness. Karma---
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

11. Member
    Can't stand this. I don't care if its 50 yds away. I'm taking it back. A lot of the folks who can walk honestly it wouldn't hurt them one bit to get a bit of exercise in. I've had too many dings and scratches from friggin shopping carts
    Skeeter Sx186 w/ yamaha 150

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorCat View Post
    If the stores would reduce their cart inventory by 50% then carts would become scarce. People might actually take one from the parking lot to use. Or, an even better idea would be to have people check out a cart with a credit card, and have a surcharge applied if they don’t return it. That would be huge money maker for stores.
    Aldi's, a grocery store chain around here does just that. You insert a quarter to unlock a cart from the row and get it back when you relock the cart upon returning it. Genius!

13. Member
    I can't go to Sam's Or Wally World anymore. Its a freak show

GET OFF MY LAWN!

15. Member
    One thing I have noticed, is that issue with the carts does not seem to be a problem at Cosco. And it is the absolute worst at Walmart.

Why can't the cart just run over stupid people?