x19 question - rod length

Does anyone know what rod length will fit in a 2018 x19?

2. Member
    I would say 7.5 if your using the rod tubes. i took my rod tubes out because I was having to bend them way too much just to get them started in the tubes and the ones to the far left I was struggling to get even a 6.8 rod in. took the tubes out and can store a bunch of rods in there now, getting them in and out no problem

3. Member
    I have several 7'10" rods that fit easy in my 2017 X19. The rod tubes have to go as stated above

Steve Dyer
    Mt. Pleasant, NC

4. Member
    Awesome. Thanks guys.

5. Joe4d
    What about on top on deck ? On passenger side, with an X19, with passenger console can I lay 7 foot rods down flat ? Was what I hated about my last boat with passenger console could lay down 6.6" rods. without them sticking up on gel coat.

6. Member
    No passenger console but this rod is 7’6” and it fits.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2019 x19 175 SHO 12” Bobs jack plate

7. Joe4d
    hey thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Joe4d View Post
    What about on top on deck ? On passenger side, with an X19, with passenger console can I lay 7 foot rods down flat ? Was what I hated about my last boat with passenger console could lay down 6.6" rods. without them sticking up on gel coat.
    The consoles are set in 5 to 6 inches that allows rods to go by. My 7'10" rods fit with no problem and I have even moved rods back to be out of the way. I am at work today but can get you some pics tomorrow if you want.
    2014 X19
    2014 200 SHO

9. Member
    I angle my rods from the rod buckles to the edge of the boat on both sides and have no trouble with any length even 7'11". I ordered the rod box organizer and took it out like everyone else. Without my 7'6" to 7'11" fit no problem. Rod Socks are a must. Mine is a 2018 X19 Pro Single console with factory mounted rod straps.

10. Joe4d
    Thanks, for offer of pics would be great. Basically having to buy sight unseen, and Xpress websight isnt the best at describing stuff. Like some of their options have no descriptions or pictures... Euro seat ? what the heck is a euro seat. So pass on the rod box organizer ? Or only pass if your rods are over 7 ? Normally I would be using a max of 7 foot rods, other wise I have mostly 6 foot,, cause um as mentioned 6.5 wouldnt fit on my old boat.

Thanks, for offer of pics would be great. Basically having to buy sight unseen, and Xpress websight isnt the best at describing stuff. Like some of their options have no descriptions or pictures... Euro seat ? what the heck is a euro seat. So pass on the rod box organizer ? Or only pass if your rods are over 7 ? Normally I would be using a max of 7 foot rods, other wise I have mostly 6 foot,, cause um as mentioned 6.5 wouldnt fit on my old boat.

Don't hold me to this but I think the euro style seat is the fold down fishing seat with out the strap to hold it shut. I ended up putting a strap on mine because any thing over 50 mph would make it open up. I would love to have a rod organizer but, there is no way to make one that would accommodate all the rods I carry. I set mine up to carry all of my bait casters in the port box and all of my spinning rods are in the starboard. This put my tackle in the center and rear compartments. The rod organizer will be a personal choice. Like you, I bought my Xpress sight unseen and I have "no regerts" I will tell you the only stupid question is the one you don't ask, so ask away. I will get some pics up tomorrow, start lookin about noon.
    2014 X19
    2014 200 SHO

12. Member
    The euro style seat is a far more ergonomic seat than a standard fishing seat but without a strap. Haven't had a problem with it opening at high speed, but mine is going to need a different prop cause it will only run about 55 wide open.

My dealer had never sold an X19 Pro as the model was new, so it was up to me to figure out the options I wanted and it was tough. Bought what I thought was the top of the line trailer, and it showed up without a breakaway tongue. Was told that was an option... Ask a lot of questions, and then verify it here. Rod box organizer has room for 8 rods less than 7', and has some room underneath the rod tubes to put a few more on the floor. May work for you. I would get retractable rod straps and folding cleats also. Those on top of the standard packages make for a nice boat comparable to a fiberglass.
    2018 X19 Pro
    2018 Mercury 150 ProXS
    10" Hydraulic Atlas
    Helix 9 SI
    Helix 7
    Minn Kota 80# Fortrex

Passenger console

Port, starboard and middle compartment. I've always said you could put a body in the rod boxes.

7'10" rod in the pics. The second pic shows where I started keeping my rods wile fishing. I move them back up to run.

Drivers side.

Sorry about the sideways pics. I hate Tinypic and dang I have got to clean up the garage from our last camping trip.
    2014 X19
    2014 200 SHO

14. Joe4d
    Hey thanks, tells me all I need, will go with the second console.

15. Member
    I love the second console. Wife said it was a must for her, glad I got it honestly.
    2017 x19 175 sho

16. Joe4d
    Mine doesnt know any better only been in a canoe, but just from my own experience I never liked riding in a non consol passenger seat in a bass boat.

17. Banned
    Mine doesnt know any better only been in a canoe, but just from my own experience I never liked riding in a non consol passenger seat in a bass boat.
    That's why you're the driver