Thread: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Might as well combine Co, Nm, and Arizona on one topic. These Colorado boys are super tight lipped!
    \" If you ain\'t first, you\'re last!\"

2. Member
    It is pretty quiet in here

lol its cause there all fishing lol we try and not be on the computer when we have a chance. hows the fishing been guys?
    2012 RANGER Z521 EVINRUDE 250 HO

My brother and me will be hitting Elephant Butte this weekend, will let you know how things go.

5. Member
    Every time the dog days of summer hit. My mind wanders to November duck hunts in the morning and fishing trips in the afternoon.
    ~~1995 Gambler~~

Mercury 250 ProXS
    Bobs 10" AJ
    Dual Power Poles
    2-HB 1199's HB 1158 HB 597 in dash
    Ultrex 112

"Runs like a cheetah... with his @$$ on fire"

6. Member
    Be prepaired to see a very low lake. As of yesterday the elevation was 4306.81.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charger69 View Post
    My brother and me will be hitting Elephant Butte this weekend, will let you know how things go.

Wow, lake level was a lot lower than last time there! Went out for a few hours on Saturday morning. Caught fish the whole time we were out. Had 2 large mouth in the 2-2.5 lbs range caught 5 of legal size and probably that many squealed. Had a good time, just sorry to see the lake getting that low again.

8. Member
    I live in Tucson and don't see an Arizona state forum. Is it included here? If it is, wow, it really is dead.....

It is not as active as the other state forums, not sure why. Probably a few different reasons.

10. Member
    Well, I'm from New Mexico and grew up fishing the 4 lakes in the Northeast part of the state. My dad and I fish Ute every 4th of July for a few days and usually do really well there early in the day. This year I believe we caught 12 total, but most were smaller pounders. It's still a blast to fish that lake. BTW, it was as full as I remember seeing it in the past 10 years. Not sure why the water level was up, as it seems all the lakes in Arizona are down and the Butte was down when I drove past it on I25 last month.

11. Member
    As of yesterday the Butte elevation is 4296.8 ft which means it's 110 ft below flood pool and still dropping. It's currently 5.4% full.
    All the guys from Col don't take this personal but I hope Col gets record amounts of snow this coming winter as that's where a good amount of the Buttes water comes from (snow run off).

12. Member
    I would assume until chile season is over in November, Butte will continue to fall.....

13. Member
    I have heard the water will go down river until after Labor Day or mid Sept. It is currently dropping between 2 and 3 ft a week. Rock piles and under water points popping up everywhere.

They started picking chile a couple of weeks ago, been roasting up here that long at least. I want to say they shut the dam off right around Labor Day. I saw they have slowed down the flow a little at least. My brother was there this last weekend said the fishing was good but he said the water level was really low. He said it was down to either two or three lanes for the ramp (using the turn). Has me wondering how this weekend with the tournament going to be.

15. Member
    The ramp has 3-4 lanes striped. The launch should go pretty good as most bass fishermen know what they are doing and not taking the entire ramp. The elevation was 4391.91 on Wed. I will be skippering for the balloon regatta Fri, Sat and Sun.

16. Member
    Launching and loading went easily Friday and Saturday morning, however Saturday afternoon was tough. It’s definitely low but manageable as long as common sense is used.

I heard they dredged the ramp clean of dirt and silt so that should help. Also heard they are taking the lake level down to what it was in 1971, not sure how low that is exactly but does not sound good. Makes me wonder where the north end of the lake will end up being!

18. Member
    This really is a very quiet forum....

I'm hopefully picking up my boat from the shop this weekend and will finally get to fish off it. I'll post some pics if nothing else....

19. Member
    Did they not just do a ton of habitat restoration and stocking there a few years back? Been a decade since ive seen the Butte...Last I knew they were pulling a lot more water on a regular basis from Ute for what was it Tucumcari? Didnt they put in a bigger pipeline about 6 years back?

20. Member
    Brutal for you NM guys. Bad winters over and over in southern Colorado and northern NM.

Western slope in Colorado is struggling also.
    Too many green lawns in a desert sure doesn’t help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast