2010 Optimax 200

Serial number prefix 1B8

Poor hole shot and max 5100 rpms. Has a slight miss at idle.

New plugs installed (correct type per manual) compression on all 6 are 110-115 psi. Fuel and air pressures within spec, good fuel quality. Cylinder misfire under load #4 did not change the sound, swapped #3 coi to #4 and the problem stayed at #4. Swapped fuel injectors between #4 and #3, problem stays with #4 hole. Plug is not wet. Ohmed out the fuel injector and direct injectors wiring for #4 back to the PCM, all are good. Checked for voltage on red/blue wire at both injectors and have 12 volts with key on and ground to engine. I suspect PCM isn’t making a ground for injector under load and PCM is faulty. Mercury rep said reed valves were more than likely bad but I can’t see any cracks or chips and would’ve thought a broken steel reed would’ve caused more problems in the cylinder.

Any thoughts?
    Jason Ferrell
    Virginia
    2015 Skeeter ZX250
    2015 Yamaha VMAX SHO 250

No matter what, get those steel reeds out of there and replace with TDR Reeds.

Also, the experts need the whole serial number...

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

3. Member
    Agree. I would listen to the Mercury rep and replace the reeds with TDR reeds, then report results.

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor