USA Totaled Trailer Question

I am looking for some advice. May 18th I hydroplaned and jack knifed my 2015 FX20, totaling the trailer as my insurance company deemed. The trailer is made by EZ Loader. It basically has the tongue bent 45 degrees to the right. The question is, is there anyone out there interested in this. Once I get a new trailer, this trailer will be available. I have some pics if anyone is interested. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! The wheels are in pretty good shape. 2 of the tires were replace in March.

I would keep the tires and rims. You might be able to sell them, or keep as a spare. Take the trailer to a recycle center. It's best to just trash it.
    Gitcha Bass On!

2015 ZX225

Keep your wheels and tires and brakes actuator, scrap the rest....sell the other stuff on here or eBay... Craigslist...get more for it that way...
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

4. Member
    Are the brake rotors and calipers good??
    if so I maybe interested in them..

5. Member
    Are you saying the insurance company is letting you keep the damaged trailer????? That seems odd.
    2007 Skeeter 21i 300HDPI

6. Member
    Yes. Boat US deemed it a "Constructive Total Loss" and waive their rights to the trailer. It's mine to do with whatever. I'm still waiting to get my check from Boat US. It has to go to the lein holder to be endorsed and then I can start to get a new one. Skeeter now makes the trailers. I believe the brake system is in fine shape. The part I need to work on is, if I take it to the dump or scrap yard, will they let me dismantle it and leave on blocks. Yes, I believe taking the wheels, maybe the fenders and the brakes would be a good idea, but I don't know if they'll let me leave it in an immobile state. Things to still work through... Thanks all for your advice!!!

7. Member
    Let me know if you wanna get rid of the brakes.
    Hubs, calipers and bearings and vault bearing systems.
    214-458-8024
    James

8. Member
    Update: The new trailer is FINALLY here and the boat is swapped from the broken one. What a pain that was. If you intend to buy a new trailer from Skeeter, good luck!! The trailer is in So. Maryland. I believe it can be towed away and be fine for an extended tow. The tires and wheels are fine as well as the brakes. The rear 2 tires were replaced 6 mos ago and the front 2 last year. A lot of tread left! Make an offer. The big issue is the jack winch handle is bent and I can't get it to turn. I use a floor jack to to take on and off my truck. PM with phone number and we can communicate. I can't seem to get pics uploaded but will text as many as you want. Thanks for lookin!