Operation Hookset

Operation Hookset needs a few more boats. This Saturday, June 16, the area bass clubs will be taking 26 soldiers from the Arsenal out on the River for a fun day tournament. Most of these GI's have never fished a bass tournament before. Boaters are responsible for all boat expenses. The soldiers pay nothing. Sponsors have paid for breakfast, lunch AND dinner for all the participants. You also get an awesome Operation Hookset t-shirt. Jon and Nikki Dillon have coordinated this event for several years and it just keeps getting bigger and better. If you want to host a soldier and have a terrific time, call Jon at 563 529 4020. He will fill you in on the details and sign you up. This event is unique to the QC area and a great way to honor our warriors. See you there.

I dont know the specifics other than it being on pool 14, but if any of you are interested give Jon a call.

2. Illinois Club | PC/Mac Tips & Tweaks Moderator sgt93's Avatar
    Such a great cause.
    2017 Bass Cat Phelix Honda 25 SOLD
    2007 BCB Cougar FTD Merc Opti 225 SOLD

Instagram: @SSgt93.
    I don't subscribe to threads. PM if you need me.

3. Member
    I talked to Jon last night. He was still 2 boats short from having to double up guys who signed up. We go out of Princeton IA. We've had some who had never fished before! All the soldiers weigh their fish and get prizes. Patriot Guard was there to greet our return last year. We will help anyone who hasn't fished pool 14 with spots to go.
    LEGEND ALPHA 199DCX / 225 PRO XS MERCURY

4. Member
    Man....I wish I had trailered my boat home from up north last weekend vs. leaving up there.

Great cause - I would have loved to join.
    A fisherman is a jerk on one end of the line
    ~~~~ waiting for a jerk on the other ~~~~

2007 Triton TR21XHP
    2006 Mercury 250 Optimax Pro XS

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by got_musky View Post
    Man....I wish I had trailered my boat home from up north last weekend vs. leaving up there.

Great cause - I would have loved to join.
    We've had this going for a few years now. Plan on it for next year and we'll set you up! Great time...wife and kids can come!
    LEGEND ALPHA 199DCX / 225 PRO XS MERCURY