2007 591 Livewell Help

I bought a used 2007 Nitro 591. I am having problems with the livewell filling way too much. The reason seems to be that when the livewell goes to circulate the circulator pump is not the one coming on. The pump that fills the livewell comes on instead and just continues to add more water. Any ideas how to correct this issue or where I can get a livewell diagram?
    Thanks
    Jack

2. Member
    Have you tried to physically push the nozzle spraying into the livewell in or out? I had a 591 and I remember that was a part of the process. You have to physically reach in to the livewell, grab the nozzle and either pull out out or push it in. Can’t remember which but try it if you haven’t already.

3. Member
    Oregonbass12 I did not realize you had to pull/push nozzle. All other boats I've had was all controlled by switches. Thanks. Since you had a 591 did you have problems with planning. This boat has a 200 Optimax and if livewell and gas tank are full you can forget it.

4. Member
    Been a little while since i had my 07 591 but from what i remember if you push the red nozzle in it circulates the water and when you pull out it then pumps out. Mine had a big drain on the top so when full no matter how long you left the fresh water run there was no problems. I think i have that right..........lol.............i never had any problems getting up on plane and i had a 150 with a 24P tempest plus. I ran all large PVS plugs so you get more RPM's on the holeshot

5. Member
    no problem here with the planning on my old 591 and it had the 135 optimax

6. Member
    I just don't understand the 200 not popping the boat up on plane especially if your 135 did it. May try the PVS plugs. Not exactly sure what they are or do but will goggle and read up. Thanks

7. Member
    I sent you a PM.

8. Member
    I was recently having issues with our Nitro 591 getting on plane. Did a lot of reading and found an old post with some setup configurations to get me in the ballpark and then did some on the water testing from there to fine tune. I have mine setup the following way:

2006 Nitro 591
    175HP Mercury Optimax
    5 1/2 set back manual Jack Plate
    Prop to pad set at 2 3/4"
    Two Solid PVS plugs in and one hole with no plug
    23P Tempest Plus
    16 psi WOT

I need to buy a 24P prop, just haven't purchased one yet.

9. Member
    js547103 thanks for your information. Were you able to see a noticeable change in your hole shot with current setup? When your livewells are full does it slow your hole shot way down? If I understand everyone right if you remove all pvs plugs your hole shot should improve. My prop has no plugs. I need to raise my motor more but really need my water pressure guage fixed first. I'm so glad to see a post from someone with same boat.
    Thanks,
    Jack

10. Member
    There is a huge difference in tourney load with a Co-angler and fun fishing solo with hole shot. You're talking 600-700lbs difference, idc what boat you have you'll feel it, especially with the weight all in the same area on the boat.
    2010 NITRO Z7

11. Member
    I still have my 1987 Ranger 393 with a Johnson 150. Tournament loaded with same 2 people has no problem getting on plane quickly. This Nitro 591 never would come down if my son didn't climb up on front of boat.

12. Member
    How do you keep a Z-7s livewell from filling when you’re not fishing?

13. Member
    Golfer7114 not sure if your livewell is like mine. Off is between manual and auto. As long as mine is between there it doesn't fill. My whole problem was the nozzle you had to pull and push inside the livewell. Just never had one like that before.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Golfer7114 View Post
    How do you keep a Z-7s livewell from filling when you’re not fishing?
    Keep the plug on the bottom
    2010 NITRO Z7

15. Member
    RED NOZZLE IS RECIRCULATE. White nozzle is fill/aireator... white nozzle fills live well with fresh water. Red nozzle recirculates water in live well, or will pump water out when the red nozzle is pulled out about 1/2". If you want to keep water in the live well a plug must be in the drain hole in the bottom.

16. Member
    Your planing issue with a 200 optimax is a problem. What prop do you have, are you trimming down when taking off?

17. Member
    Yes I do trim down all the way and my prop is a Fury 25 pitch.