Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator

Thumbs down Broke my St. Croix

Went to boat flip a largemouth and snapped my St Croix about 20 inches down. Has anyone had to use there warranty center and if so how long is the turnaround usually. (actual turnaround). Was it a hassle? Cost? etc. Looking for some real world experiences.

Print off a shipping label on their website. Put a check for $20 in with the rod and a description of what happened. Most times you will get a call offering an upgrade. I have had a turnaround of less the two weeks.

It also helps if you registered when you bought the rod.

Two weeks on the one SC rod I had to send in for warranty repair. Cork on the handle had a sizable chunk come out.
    They sent me a new replacement rod at no charge.
    Heres the schedule of costs for repair/replacement:
    https://stcroixrods.com/pages/service-warranty
    Repair costs for damages other than factory defects are determined by model.
    If you register your rods when purchased it helps in speeding up the repair process. And you can request a complete list of the rods you have registered thru Debra Scott.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

Turn around is 4-5 days when I used it, high sticking on a boat flip isn't a warranty deal more than likely, may want to lie and say on the hook set...
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishysam View Post
    Turn around is 4-5 days when I used it, high sticking on a boat flip isn't a warranty deal more than likely, may want to lie and say on the hook set...
    Please tell me you don't have children, teach, train others, serve in the military or law enforcement, etc.

Breaking a rod boat flippin' a fish isn't a warranty claim. Use the Gold Star Plan and you will get a new rod with no questions asked. I've used it several times, usually get a new rod within a week. Also use their return label ($20 via Fed Ex).

7. Member
    St Croix has the best customer service of any rod company I've ever dealt with.

8. Member
    Best rod warranty I have ever dealt with.

The gold plan looks a lot like The G Loomis Expeditor plan.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jarhead754 View Post
    Best rod warranty I have ever dealt with.
    This^^^^
    2019 Ranger Z520C DC / 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke

Tampa Jim- I do not, but that is why I said "lie" not "say" to make sure everyone knew it would be wrong
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TampaJim View Post
    Please tell me you don't have children, teach, train others, serve in the military or law enforcement, etc.
    Why? Isn't that the new norm? Just tell the truth and get it over with. I ran over my Costa sunglasses with my tractor. Sent back to them and they asked what in the world happened? I told them that I was forgetful and sat them on one of the back tires and drove off! The guy had a good laugh and said he had never seen one so destroyed. He said send 40.00 and we will send you a new pair. You might get a deal or maybe not. But at least you tried.

13. Member
    Sorry for your loss, Hope it's under warranty:)

Quote Originally Posted by Fishysam View Post
    No reason to lie, they are the best to deal with. Tell them the truth and they will work with you. Broke one once and told them how. Let me upgrade for $50 and I got a new rod.

Last time I broke st croix rods I called and told them the stupid thing I did and was very happy with service.

The reason most rod makers have gone to a more limited warranty statement is because some people expect the warranty to cover "their" mistake. That's not fair to the manufacturer regardless of what you pay for a rod.
    The St. Croix Gold Star Warranty charges $85.00 plus $20.00 S&H to replace one of my $300.00 Legend Tournament rods. No questions asked. I'm not sure how much more fair they could be.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

17. Member
    I don't see why they shouldn't cover a rod for boat flipping a bass. One time i broke a 13 fishing envy black flippin a bass into the boat and told 13 fishing exactly what happened and they covered it at no cost. Just because you're flippin bass into the boat doesn't mean you're high sticking.
    2004 Stratos 295 Pro XL
    2004 Mercury 3.0 L EFI 200 HP SN: 0T908560
    Standard/Servicemaster Lower 859399T13

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kercha83 View Post
    I don't see why they shouldn't cover a rod for boat flipping a bass. One time i broke a 13 fishing envy black flippin a bass into the boat and told 13 fishing exactly what happened and they covered it at no cost. Just because you're flippin bass into the boat doesn't mean you're high sticking.
    Gee I dunno maybe because boat flipping a fish isn't what the rod wad designed to do
    2020 Skeeter ZX150

19. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ColdSVT View Post
    Gee I dunno maybe because boat flipping a fish isn't what the rod wad designed to do
    btw was only a 2.5 pounder...

20. Member
    I've broken 2 st. croixs this year. One was snagged, I was trying to pop it loose (12lb line on a medium power spinning rod, dropshotting) and it shattered, sounded like a gunshot. The other was a week old, fished it once. Put it away in the rod locker, used rod gloves and everything. Pulled it out last weekend to fish and the tip was shattered in 3 spots. No idea how. First one is in the trash pile since it's 7-8, maybe 9 years old and only a Triumph model, the other went back to BPS since they cover it for 60 days and got a new one. I break another one this year and I might be switching to iRod for spinning rods too.
    2001 Champion 187 Yamaha 175
    12' Talons, Lithiums and Garmins
    All pulled by a Hemi

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast