Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Price of building materials.

We got an estimate on a new roof a year ago it was 15 thousand and some change.Just had the same company out and the same roof is now 23 thousand and some change. Guy said prices are getting ready to go up even more.

2. Member
    happens when there alot of building going on.

3. Member
    I’m sure the hurricanes didn’t help!

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DAC244 View Post
    I’m sure the hurricanes didn’t help!
    I know when Katrina hit plywood here tripled in price.

5. Member
    That's ridiculous. Get a few more bids.

6. Member
    I checked on getting the same builder build the same shed he built for me two years ago at the new house, 192 square feet, price has gone up 600.00. That’s not as bad as your roof. On a square foot you can buy here for about 110, but new construction is about 150 for the same house.

7. Member
    We're getting hammered on the commercial end. Structural steel prices are taking off like a rocket. Suppliers are blaming the tariffs. This makes my life a living hell when clients want to verify anticipated construction costs for a new building scheduled for construction in late 2019.
    2006 Ranger Z20 / 225HP Merc Pro XS

8. Member
    I deal in building materials every day. Wood is at an all time high. Freight costs are very high and rising daily for 3 reasons, federal regulations, a lack of drivers and currently high fuel costs. Roofing just went up - steel roofing is rapidly rising. It’s a rough time to build but the market is very strong.

9. Member
    Winning!

10. Banned
    Isn't it the wrong time of year for a roof quote?

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by artcarney_agr View Post
    Isn't it the wrong time of year for a roof quote?
    We are selling the house and the buyers requested a quote.

Quote Originally Posted by DAC244 View Post
    We got an estimate on a new roof a year ago it was 15 thousand and some change.Just had the same company out and the same roof is now 23 thousand and some change. Guy said prices are getting ready to go up even more.
    They must be using staples instead of nails.
    I think the new secret color is "A-Rig"..........

13. Member
    Our roofing material supplier just told us the same thing. Said they had a company wide meeting last week and the higher up told them they pricing was going up this week, and then going up again in the near future. So we went ahead and ordered 100 square of architectural shingles. Costed us about $6,500. I would be out of business if it cost me anywhere close to your quotes to put a roof on the houses that we buy that need them. Good luck with your sale.

14. Member
    This is 100% accurate in my area too.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie206 View Post
    I deal in building materials every day. Wood is at an all time high. Freight costs are very high and rising daily for 3 reasons, federal regulations, a lack of drivers and currently high fuel costs. Roofing just went up - steel roofing is rapidly rising. It’s a rough time to build but the market is very strong.

15. Member
    Strong economy plus a big hurricane season last year, means lots of demand. Paid $3.69/ea for KD 2x4s last weekend, lumber aisle was very busy at HD.
    Brandon
    1996 Ranger 362XT
    Johnson Faststrike 150

16. Member
    This quote was the middle of the road for the three options given for asphalt shingles not the highest option nor the cheapest.

Last roof I had done I bought all the materials myself and then paid the labor. A lot cheaper this way as you get to cash in on the deals from the lumber yard and you don't pay the inflated prices on materials some contractors add in. Just an idea.

Pricing lumber packages now and feeling the pain
    @kennethandmacy
    2004 Triton 196
    200 Merc
    1199/898

19. Banned
    In my industry people are still bidding work cheap and not accounting for the inflation going on. Its making it tough to win jobs.

20. Member
    The price I pay to my suppliers for garage doors has gone up 15 to 18% depending on the product in the last 9 months. Most of my builder customers don't seem to be slowed down by it. My remodelers are crying their hearts out that I'm robbing them. But until this last price spike prices had been fairly stable for the last 5 years.
    John the Garage Doorman

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast