Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Weare View Post
    TM Gen 2 Savage if this is the same video we have been sharing up here from Dwayne and the 300 V8 on the Triton. Regardless, have a peek at the video if you have Facebook. :)

https://www.facebook.com/dwayne.zamm...8432160539248/
    That is the one

2. Member
    Wow I am lifelong rude guy but that thing is bada$$. Sounds like my z06...good job merc!!

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Smallmouthguy View Post
    Wow I am lifelong rude guy but that thing is bada$$. Sounds like my z06...good job merc!!
    It's actually much quieter with the cowl on and running in the water. Still has a nice growl on startup.

4. Member
    How is the fuel economy? Do you think it will be better than the pro Cs?

5. Member
    When I ran the 21TRX with the 250 proxs 4/s I found the opposite, you could drive the boat with your knees, and as you replied the hole shot and mid range were so much better than the 2 stroke.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavol64 View Post
    How is the fuel economy? Do you think it will be better than the pro Cs?
    Don't know yet. Only have 6 hours on it.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jjtriton View Post
    When I ran the 21TRX with the 250 proxs 4/s I found the opposite, you could drive the boat with your knees, and as you replied the hole shot and mid range were so much better than the 2 stroke.
    I'm still playing with the setup. Haven't figured out p2p height and best prop yet. All I know for sure is hole shot and midrange are ten times better than 2 stroke.

Any updates for us??? Top end speeds improve anymore???

9. Member
    Sorry, haven't had too much time to play with it. Bass season is in full swing up here so I've been making do with how it is set up for now.

I did try a 26p trophy plus last Saturday. 2 guys (400lbs) full live wells and tournament load I hit 76mph @6000 rpm. It was 33°c (felt like 46° with the humidity)
    Hole shot was terrible.

I've gone back to the 25p tempest plus with 2 large plugs and 1 empty. Waiting to test a friends 25p fury when he's in between tournaments.

10. Member
    If the holeshot was good with 3 large plugs why remove one? It seems to me that a 25P Fury with no plugs is going to be the best all around.

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyfish View Post
    Sorry, haven't had too much time to play with it. Bass season is in full swing up here so I've been making do with how it is set up for now.

I did try a 26p trophy plus last Saturday. 2 guys (400lbs) full live wells and tournament load I hit 76mph @6000 rpm. It was 33°c (felt like 46° with the humidity)
    Hole shot was terrible.

I've gone back to the 25p tempest plus with 2 large plugs and 1 empty. Waiting to test a friends 25p fury when he's in between tournaments.

I'd like to hear the results with the 25 Fury as well.

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jjtriton View Post
    So you can cut in between the Zoo and little island in the bend out in front of Ceader Creek driving w your knees on Old Hickory Lake w this new motor , only if Grub or Shitty Pants is driving or Bain ....lol Hope your doing well JJ

13. Member
    Would really like to see some updated performance numbers on this package.

Kevin Short got low 80s out of a Basscat Lynx with a 24 Fury 3 blade...Spinning just over 6000 RPM...I think it may be worth trying a 24 pitch as well as the 25 pitch Fury?

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassmasterffej View Post
    Kevin Short got low 80s out of a Basscat Lynx with a 24 Fury 3 blade...Spinning just over 6000 RPM...I think it may be worth trying a 24 pitch as well as the 25 pitch Fury?
    I would like to hear what the 300 is doing on a 21TRX.

No updates recently from monkeyfish

17. Member
    Sorry for the delay in updating my progress......well actually not much progress to report.
    As stated in my first post, I had a problem with my power poles catching water.
    I had raised them as high as I could and thought I had fixed the problem.
    When I let a friend of mine drive the boat, I noticed 3 rooster tails coming off the stern, 1 from the motor and 1 from each pole.

I contacted Power Pole and they advised that I had the wrong brackets. Even taking into account swapping to the Bob's from the Z Lock, they were still the wrong
    ones installed at the factory.

I managed to find the correct brackets (PKD-s-2-6 if anyone cares) and installed them last weekend.
    I finally got a chance to borrow a 25P Fury 3 from a friend and went to the lake yesterday.
    I noticed an immediate difference in the way the boat felt with no more triple rooster tail.

Fastest pass was 78.3 mph (gps) at 6140 rpm.
    I think I'm going to have to start from scratch and re try the other props as now I'm positive that dragging the poles was affecting the performance.

Stats:

air temp 86 deg.
    water temp 74.9
    slight chop
    25p Fury 3
    3 full plugs
    3 1/2 p2p

*** I usually blast off with the plate all the way up, but the fury would ventilate just at breakover and I had to feather the throttle while dropping the plate.
    I tried taking off with the jackplate set at 3 1/2, and the boat just "popped" out of the hole on plane with no blowout.

Talk to Rich at Hydrilla Gear. His brackets are dead on !!
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeyfish View Post
    Sorry for the delay in updating my progress......well actually not much progress to report.
    As stated in my first post, I had a problem with my power poles catching water.
    I had raised them as high as I could and thought I had fixed the problem.
    When I let a friend of mine drive the boat, I noticed 3 rooster tails coming off the stern, 1 from the motor and 1 from each pole.

I contacted Power Pole and they advised that I had the wrong brackets. Even taking into account swapping to the Bob's from the Z Lock, they were still the wrong
    ones installed at the factory.

I managed to find the correct brackets (PKD-s-2-6 if anyone cares) and installed them last weekend.
    I finally got a chance to borrow a 25P Fury 3 from a friend and went to the lake yesterday.
    I noticed an immediate difference in the way the boat felt with no more triple rooster tail.

Fastest pass was 78.3 mph (gps) at 6140 rpm.
    I think I'm going to have to start from scratch and re try the other props as now I'm positive that dragging the poles was affecting the performance.

Stats:

air temp 86 deg.
    water temp 74.9
    slight chop
    25p Fury 3
    3 full plugs
    3 1/2 p2p

*** I usually blast off with the plate all the way up, but the fury would ventilate just at breakover and I had to feather the throttle while dropping the plate.
    I tried taking off with the jackplate set at 3 1/2, and the boat just "popped" out of the hole on plane with no blowout.
    You got me scratching my head on this one. You had no problem dragging the poles when you had the 250 Pro XS 2 stroke did you?

20. Member
    No, not that I noticed before.
    Then again, the boat seems to run completely
    Different with the new motor.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast