Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stein3411 View Post
    You got me scratching my head on this one. You had no problem dragging the poles when you had the 250 Pro XS 2 stroke did you?
    I wonder if the advertised complete package weight of the motor is correct. Somebody needs to put the old 2 stroke package and the new V8 package on a big balance beam. The Power Pole brackets shouldn't drag if both motor packages are the same weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage View Post
    I wonder if the advertised complete package weight of the motor is correct. Somebody needs to put the old 2 stroke package and the new V8 package on a big balance beam. The Power Pole brackets shouldn't drag if both motor packages are the same weight.
    Just guessing, but I can see increased bow lift leading to this. If the transom is the fulcrum, then when the bow goes up anything behind the transom would go down. Probably not by a large amount but if he was close before and now gets better bow lift, it might have forced the brackets into the water.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by berudd View Post
    Just guessing, but I can see increased bow lift leading to this. If the transom is the fulcrum, then when the bow goes up anything behind the transom would go down. Probably not by a large amount but if he was close before and now gets better bow lift, it might have forced the brackets into the water.
    That's exactly what one of the guys said at the shop today. When I had the 2 stroke, the boat ran very flat and I didn't have much bow lift. Over the winter, I added 2 degree wedges as Stein3411 did. I didn't get to test the boat with the 2 stroke and wedges before swapping to the v8. When I had the v8 installed, I had them keep the wedges on as I figured it would be easier to remove them than install them again. I have way more bow lift now though I'm not sure if it's the wedges or the increased torque of the motor or a combination of both.

In any case, I believe I'm making some headway on the setup. I also managed to track down a 25 Trophy Plus as well as a 24 Fury 4 to test in the coming week.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeyfish View Post
    That's exactly what one of the guys said at the shop today. When I had the 2 stroke, the boat ran very flat and I didn't have much bow lift. Over the winter, I added 2 degree wedges as Stein3411 did. I didn't get to test the boat with the 2 stroke and wedges before swapping to the v8. When I had the v8 installed, I had them keep the wedges on as I figured it would be easier to remove them than install them again. I have way more bow lift now though I'm not sure if it's the wedges or the increased torque of the motor or a combination of both.

In any case, I believe I'm making some headway on the setup. I also managed to track down a 25 Trophy Plus as well as a 24 Fury 4 to test in the coming week.
    Keep after it, many of us are watching with anticipation. I appreciate your responses.

6. Member

Well the wedges definitely changed the lift.

7. Member
    Rob,
    I would really like to see an update on the latest performance numbers you have been able to obtain from your 21 TRX / 300 Pro XS 4S combo.

8. Member

Mercury Pro Team

2017 Triton 20 TRX Patriot
    250 Opti Max Pro XS
    Twin 8' Power Pole Blades
    2 Solix 12 gen 3 , with mega 360

9. Member
    Best prop I have found so far is 25p fury 3 with no plugs.
    78.3 mph @ 6140 rpm, tournament load with 2 guys and 1/2 tank of gas.
    Gave up playing with it to concentrate on fishing.

Boat is now packed away for the winter. Most lakes up here are frozen over.

I'll get back to it next season .

11. Member
    Best prop I have found so far is 25p fury 3 with no plugs.
    78.3 mph @ 6140 rpm, tournament load with 2 guys and 1/2 tank of gas.
    Gave up playing with it to concentrate on fishing.

Boat is now packed away for the winter. Most lakes up here are frozen over.

I'll get back to it next season .
    Thanks Rob.

Did you ever hit 80 mph???

yea im wondering too
    --------------------------------------------
    Phillip Arrington
    Dover/Goodlettsville Tn

2017 Sponsoring Partners:
    C&O Marine, Mercury Marine, Goodlettsville Gun Shop, Cantrell's Market, Motorguide , YETI, Carrot Stix, Yum, GateWay Tire Service Center, StormR, SpoolTek, RodSox, Jewel Bait Company, U.S. Bass, Bobs Machine Shop, Lazyman Hooks, FishBum, Bass Militia, Rayus, and Jenko Fishing.

1999 Triton TR-21PD
    Mercury 300R

14. Member
    Get your new motor Glock?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123