Best wax to apply to bass boats?

Any thoughts? which wax do you prefer? Which is easiest to apply and last the longest? Does everyone do by hand or by buffer?

2. Banned
    Try Collinites. Green Turtle Bay used to stock it, been a while since I've had to buy a bottle so I don't know if they still stock it or not at the marina and ship store. Cheaper to order than paying the Green Turtle Bay premium price. That's what they use on all the high-end boats, the stuff is AWESOME.

http://www.collinite.com/marine-wax/

3. Member
    Has anyone tried that F11 product on their boat?

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by artcarney_agr View Post
    Try Collinites. Green Turtle Bay used to stock it, been a while since I've had to buy a bottle so I don't know if they still stock it or not at the marina and ship store. Cheaper to order than paying the Green Turtle Bay premium price. That's what they use on all the high-end boats, the stuff is AWESOME.

http://www.collinite.com/marine-wax/

+1 except I would go with Collinite's liquid insulator wax #845 instead of the #870.

Protec for me. I use it on my truck too. Easy on, easy off, and the gel coat looks brand new.
    2010 BassCat Puma FTD
    2010 Mercury 250 Pro XS

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by woo602 View Post
    +1 except I would go with Collinite's liquid insulator wax #845 instead of the #870.
    Can you please elaborate more on this. I've always used the #920 followed by the #925, or just the #925 alone. I've even used the #925 on my truck because it lasts so long.

What's the advantage of the #845?

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yj99t04 View Post
    Protec for me. I use it on my truck too. Easy on, easy off, and the gel coat looks brand new.
    +1 Protec is great stuff. 2 coats in the spring and maybe a coat at mid season with 303 for wipe downs after every use.

8. Member
    I don't, aerospace protectant.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by artcarney_agr View Post
    Can you please elaborate more on this. I've always used the #920 followed by the #925, or just the #925 alone. I've even used the #925 on my truck because it lasts so long.

What's the advantage of the #845?
    Directly from Collinite's website:

A user-friendlier version of the No. 476s paste, No. 845 stands as Collinite’s most legendary product to date. Famous for its versatility, durability and DIY ease of use, “IW” is ideal for both small and large surface area jobs where lasting protection and timely job completion are desired, but hard buffing and frequent reapplication are not practical. Leaves behind carnauba shine and durable coating that preserves finish and shields against the elements; UV, rain, snow, salt, dust, dirt, grime, bugs, staining and more. Handcrafted and poured in the USA.

Whatever detail shop uses...

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by woo602 View Post
    Directly from Collinite's website:

A user-friendlier version of the No. 476s paste, No. 845 stands as Collinite’s most legendary product to date. Famous for its versatility, durability and DIY ease of use, “IW” is ideal for both small and large surface area jobs where lasting protection and timely job completion are desired, but hard buffing and frequent reapplication are not practical. Leaves behind carnauba shine and durable coating that preserves finish and shields against the elements; UV, rain, snow, salt, dust, dirt, grime, bugs, staining and more. Handcrafted and poured in the USA.
    Yeah I read that online, was wanting the real-world opinion/explanation and comparison to 925 instead of a sales pitch.

12. Member
    Royal Blue !

13. BBC SPONSOR
    https://protecproducts.com/

This ^^^^^^^is all you need and they are a board sponsor as well.

14. Member
    Dog shit!!!

NO wait, that's for chapped lips. Sorry, wrong thread.
    Hi Mike.

15. Member
    Colinite 845 is an amazing sealer. I’ve used it for years on cars, trucks, and boats. You will be hard pressed to find another wax/sealant as good.
    2017 x19 175 sho

16. Member
    The Colinite Brand of polishes and sealers is good along with Protec. I use protec now and really like it.

17. Banned
    Collonite lasts a long time its what I prefer. I was out so I used meguiars synthetic this last time.

18. Member
    Lucas Slick mist is what I used
    2019 Ranger Z520c
    2019 Mercury 250 ProXS

19. Banned
    Bass Boat Saver... Just got done doing it... Dan

20. Banned
    Fat Bob's bike wax