1999 175 EFI voltage question

Serial number 0G944199...I posted a question a few weeks ago about having some problems. I was told that voltage should be right around 14.3. I wound up rebuilding the fuel pump diaphragm and the last time I took it out I didn't have any problems (although I didn't run the big motor much). However, when I brought up the voltage on my depthfinder, it was running about 13.7-13.8. I'm not good with electrical stuff, but I have heard that these older EFI motors are voltage sensitive. Is the 13.7-13.8 acceptable? If not, would that most likely be caused by a bad battery? I always have my batteries fully charged before I take the boat out, and the last time it was out I had only been out for an hour or two and had been running the trolling motor on about 30% and had an older Lowrance depthfinder running during that same time before starting up the big motor and seeing that the voltage was 13.7-13.8. Thanks for any help.

It's not uncommon for depth finders to show lower voltages. Better way is to check with a volt meter at the battery
    1999 ProGator 190V
    200 Mercury EFI 0G843298

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Haughton View Post
    It's not uncommon for depth finders to show lower voltages. Better way is to check with a volt meter at the battery
    Yep,,,due to voltage drop!

4. Member
    OK, thanks. I'll check at the battery.