Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Perchpro View Post
    Don't give the tenant the hvac guys number. I get sooo many calls from people that can't authorize a service call. Nor do they pay for wasting my time with thermostat questions.
    They live on the same street about 4 houses from one another. I thought this would be pretty simple. I texted both of them one another's phone number after he went there the first time and the tenant wasn't home. I finally let the tenant go 5 days without ac in 90 degree weather and called him again and again told him how to get up with the guy to set up a time when they could both be there to fix it.

FWIW: About the only thing this tenant does is pay the rent on time. A couple months ago he called me to tell me the light was out in the garage. 8' Florescent tubes. Nothing special. I asked him if he'd put new bulbs in it? He said he had. I drove out there with 2 new bulbs, changed them and the lights came on. He asked, "What did you do to fix it?" I think he only changed 1 bulb with both blown.

2. Member
    Like someone said a text would have sufficed.

Have you ever wanted to slap someone who gets on a fish'n forum and then proceeds to whine about common everyday challenges....as if he is the only person in the world who has to deal with some minor inconvienence?

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly View Post
    Have you ever wanted to slap someone who gets on a fish'n forum and then proceeds to whine about common everyday challenges....as if he is the only person in the world who has to deal with some minor inconvienence?
    Pretty much 90% of the traffic on this forum.

5. Member
    I hate to say this but as the landlord it is your job to make arrangements for repair techs to access the house. I will call tenant one time to gain access after that it's on them. Also I'm just like the cable guy I'm going to give you a 3 hour window on what time I will be there. I just don't like to do much business with a landlord who won't take the time to meet me at their properties, always crying that it costs too much when they have no idea how much time the repair takes and I could of done the repair cheaper.
    John the Garage Doorman

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by artcarney_agr View Post
    Well maybe you're the dummy. Everyone does this now due to the amount of BS telemarketer calls. Tell your HVAC guy to start leaving voicemails if he wants to be called back, or send a text.
    THIS

7. Member
    Well maybe you're the dummy. Everyone does this now due to the amount of BS telemarketer calls. Tell your HVAC guy to start leaving voicemails if he wants to be called back, or send a text.
    ^^ yep

This. Never will I ever answer a call from anyone not in my contact list. Give the Nigerian money to someone else.

P01135809

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly View Post
    It's the Lounge. Last I heard you can talk about anything except politics.

10. Member
    I have my own business, and I never answer an unknown number. If they leave a voicemail they get called back within 24hrs or less. 2 calls no voicemail is a solicitor and that number gets blocked. If you can’t leave a voicemail, you aren’t actually trying to get a hold of me. You are just trying to make my phone ring and disrupt me from making a living. Of course, I am talking about a cell phone, not an office line.

11. Banned
    First experience renting out property was a terrible mess and dumped it and renting all together. As for phone calls, no caller id or message you get blocked . Zero tolerance.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12