Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

You ever want to slap 2 people for being stupid

One of my tenants called. His AC isn't working. So I called my HVAC man and he went to check on it. Tenant wasn't home, but he checked the unit and it seemed alright. Problem may be in thermostat in the house.

So I give the HVAC man the tenants phone number. The dumb a$$ tenant is screening his calls and doesn't recognize the HVAC guy's phone number so he doesn't answer the 3 phone calls from him.

So I give the Tenant the HVAC guy's phone number and the same thing happens there.

Tenant is still bitching at me that the AC isn't working.

2. Banned
    You should come down here. It would be a slap fest.

Evict them for not being responsible.
    Bad spellers of the world untie!

4. Member
    As a landlord you have to expect and accept this kind of stuff. Comes with the territory.

5. Member
    How do they say it......You can't fix stupid.

6. Member
    As painful as it was in my wallet, after 20 yrs of land lording I signed up with a property mgmt company this year. My duplex is about 30 minutes away and I've had a real good run with no real tenants issues. But I just got to the point I don't want to deal with people. It was such a relief knowing when my phone rings it ain't a tenant with a problem. It would be hard to go back now.

7. Member
    I did apartment maintenance for 18 years. Trust me, I'd have to have my hands vulcanized if I slapped the all idiots I encountered in those 18 years.
    Hi Mike.

8. Banned
    After the last turds let the pool/hot tub and more importantly the Zoysia that was so beautiful go to rot, and then stiff Us for 9 months rent after signing a contract, We sold the headache. The Mgmt Co. was as useful as teats on a boar. They said it wouldn't be worth their 'time' but I was FREE to pursue the scofflaws in civil court.

9. Member
    2 people? Come to work with me someday. More like 200!

Slap yourself. You chose the renter and hired the A/C guy.

11. Proud American Union local16's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Slap yourself. You chose the renter and hired the A/C guy.

Dale Sinclair original

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by KYSkipper View Post
    The dumb a$$ tenant is screening his calls and doesn't recognize the HVAC guy's phone number so he doesn't answer the 3 phone calls from him.
    Well maybe you're the dummy. Everyone does this now due to the amount of BS telemarketer calls. Tell your HVAC guy to start leaving voicemails if he wants to be called back, or send a text.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by artcarney_agr View Post
    Well maybe you're the dummy. Everyone does this now due to the amount of BS telemarketer calls. Tell your HVAC guy to start leaving voicemails if he wants to be called back, or send a text.
    Duh...... THIS

14. Member
    THIS

15. Member
    ^^ yep

This. Never will I ever answer a call from anyone not in my contact list. Give the Nigerian money to someone else.

P01135809

or the people who turn off the AC or set their stat 90 and get home turn it on and turn it down to 60 and bitch by 9 it still 70 and not working like it should..

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OkieBud View Post
    or the people who turn off the AC or set their stat 90 and get home turn it on and turn it down to 60 and bitch by 9 it still 70 and not working like it should..
    This!!
    Hi Mike.

I had a similar problem last week with my MIL, "bless her sole"

I have a sign posted in the front of her other house "For Sale By Owner", it has her phone number on it. We're sitting there on the porch and her phone rings, she doesn't answer it so I said, "aren't you going to answer your phone?", she responded that there was no caller ID and likely a telemarketer or something. I reminded her of the house we are trying to sell and she answered, it was someone interested in the house of course

I swear, people just don't think with their heads anymore, they let Google think for them a little too often!

A/C guy is being stupid if you make a living working on peoples a/c then your gonna get a lot of calls you don't recognize .May be hiding from collectors as the Tennent is also .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast