Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Navionics or Lakemaster?

I have a Humminbird Helix 9 Mega unit and am trying to figure out what mapping chip to get. I know that the Lakemaster is specific to Humminbird, but does that mean it's better? I've looked at the list of lakes/rivers that the Lakemaster chip would have for my area, and all of the places I fish have HD maps. But the chip for my area is also a 2015 version and I know that you can update Navionics chips whereas you can't with the Lakemaster. If anyone has used both chips, can you give me the advantages of each? Disadvantages? Thanks!

2. Banned
    I see some thing on the Navionics web app I like that are more accurate than lakemaster. I have a lakemaster card and also a zero lines card so I am going to start using autochart live on the areas I frequent.

I prefer Lakemaster, especially if your lakes are HD. I have both and only use the Navionics in the bow unit and I’d like to buy another Lakemaster for that unit.

4. Member
    Navionics has more coverage, and they offer an entire USA card. I wish Lakemaster did the same because I would buy one of those too.

Navionics is what I prefer

6. Member
    Lakemaster

I have both and prefer the lakemaster most of the time...thete are a few lakes however the navionics has the better map in my area

Bottom line...get the the one that has the most lakes and best detail for where you live and fish most often
    2020 Skeeter ZX150

7. Member
    I have both. Both are good but I prefer the Lakemaster.
    2014 Phoenix 721XP, 250 SHO, Bobs Action Jack, Dual Blades, 112 Ultrex, 2019 Lariat FX4 F150 Supercrew 4x4

8. Banned
    For humminbird, DEFINATELY Lakemaster

9. Banned
    If you have a bird and your lakes are HD, Then lakemaster my a mile!!! The updates to me are sort of a mute point. Are the all of sudden gonna be new Chanel swings where they once weren’t??

10. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BroWhoop View Post
    I have both. Both are good but I prefer the Lakemaster.
    same with me, lakemaster is much better for me
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

11. Mid-West Rally Moderator rudapa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Jim View Post
    same with me, lakemaster is much better for me
    Have you tried Navionics?

I have had both, if you are doing allot fishing in states other than the one you live in, then I would go Nav. but if you only fish your state then it's lake master all the way. I found the Nav. chip was inaccurate and less detail for my state when I had it.

13. Member
    I have both and use both, sometimes in the same day. However, Lakemaster is the one that gets used 90-95% of the time.

Hands down Lakemaster to use full potential of your birds.

15. Banned
    What about the older birds? I have an 1198 and have the Navionics platinum. It seems to be pretty accurate on the lakes I fish, but I'm always looking for soemthing better.

16. Member
    I bought a Navionics for a Helix 5. The map would not load. Navionics said there was to much data on the chip and I would have to purge information for the Helix 5 to read it. I took the chip back and showed the store the email from Navionics with directions on how to purge the chip. The store took it back and I bought a Lakemaster to put in this weekend. I took the chip back last Friday.

17. Member
    Navionics. Most of the waters I fish here has really basic of barely any contour data at all with lakemaster. It all depends on your area and the lakes you fish. Use the Navionics web app to get an idea of the detail your lakes has
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

18. Member
    It's all about the lakes you fish. I like Lakemaster because I can shade shallow water red at whatever depth I want to.

19. Member
    Depends on your area but for me (lakemaster has no hD maps in my area), Navionics seems better. There are some features on lakemaster than I like better than what I can get on Nav+ but I much prefer having the 1 foot contour lines in the Nav+ card

20. Member
    Thanks for the replies! I think I'll go with Lakemaster, since I have a Humminbird and the lakes I fish have the HD maps on Lakemaster.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast