Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Sign out of your Youtube account and then look at it (clear browser catch, etc). Likely a privacy setting on the Videos.

If you are getting a six-beep warning, there IS a fault. You're not "too" far away... perhaps after the holiday we could schedule you a day appointment to check it.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

2. Member

3. Member

4. Member

5. Member

6. Member
    The videos should be uploaded correctly now (first time uploading to you tube). I would love to have you look at it after the holiday if the issue can be resolved. Thank you!

7. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by captain7829 View Post
    There was definitely a fault that occurred and was recorded during this video.

Almost certainly electrical in nature. First two places to check are battery/terminal connections, and keyswitch harness connections (I would disconnect and reconnect ALL connections at the engine or any adapters).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

8. Member
    We have ran the boat on a “remote” harness and ignition to rule out anything not actually mounted on the motor besides the battery. I went out and bought a new battery also. It still did the same thing. All electrical plugs on the motor has been unplugged and plugged back in. All three relays on the motor replaced also. Problem still exist. I will double check again all the plugs again on the motor. Thank you!

9. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    If you can get printouts or SAVED files of the Run History, Freeze Frame (Fault) History, and Fault Seconds Counters, that info may prove to be very useful. These would need to be CURRENT (as of right now)- and absolutely do NOT clear any fault history at this time.

10. Member
    Unplugged and plugged back in every wire connector, plug or harness on the motor. Went and ran it and it still has the same issue. I called and asked the Mercury dealership that worked on my motor if they could provide a print out of the information requested if I brought the boat back and they stated that they just read the computer and write the codes down. I am going to see if any other Mercury mechanic around me will actually give me a print out of the information.

11. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    If they can't print- they can always SAVE the files and email them to you.

If done on the MERCURY CDS, we can load those up to view.

12. Member
    Well it wasn’t the oil pressure sensor, changed it and the boat still messed up. Took the crankshaft position sensor off and noticed that the magnet appeared to be cracked. Hopefully this is the issue.
    Attached Images Attached Images

13. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Definitely replace that and report back.

14. Member
    Put the new crank position sensor on and ran it. I made a 15 minute run and it didn’t act up (thought it was fixed). Cut it off, fished for about 20 minutes and took off back towards the ramp. It messed up all the way back to the ramp.

15. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Back up to Post #29. Anything less at this point is likely just "guesswork".

16. Member

17. Member

18. Member

19. Member

20. Member
    They didn’t have a way to print or email readings so they let me take a picture of the screen. There were no faults stored. He stated that it still has TPS 1 No ADAPT. He believed it was going to be the motor wiring harness or ECM. With the key on but not running, he unplugged the TPS and it did the same 6 beep alarm that it does on the water.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast