Banned

Water Pressure Issue

Merc. 150 Xr-6 SN#OTO-65719

Just replace water pump impeller,plate lower and top gaskets. Before the the parts replacement every thing was fine except I felt water pressure at idle was a little low.(under 2 lbs. psi)

Now at idle I have sometimes 2 psi then sometimes 8-10 psi. If I bump up the throttle some it drops to 2 psi. and when on plane( before any trim 2psi.) ??? With some trim, pressure climbs to 8 psi.then stars bouncing around. Tell tail stream also seams a little erratic at idle also.

I have changes dozens of water pumps over the years and have never had/seen this issue before. Any idea????
    Thanks.

2. Member
    should settle down with a lil run time /common for new impeller /could have piece of trash in poppett also id run it a lil see if it settles
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JOE54 View Post
    should settle down with a lil run time /common for new impeller /could have piece of trash in poppett also id run it a lil see if it settles
    OK I'll give it some more run time. Thanks.