Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Power Pole sprung?

Have a pair of power pole blades on my boat and they work great. When they are in the up position the right pole is not pulling in snug at the bottom of the spike. It stays loose and rattles at the very bottom. Is there a way to loosen and turn the spike where it will be tight again.

2. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by zeke4351 View Post
    Have a pair of power pole blades on my boat and they work great. When they are in the up position the right pole is not pulling in snug at the bottom of the spike. It stays loose and rattles at the very bottom. Is there a way to loosen and turn the spike where it will be tight again.

So the spike has a gap between the bottom u -channel and the spike itself?

If so Order a new spike, its under warranty. You cannot rotate the spike in the knuckle

3. Member
    That is my problem. Thanks for your help. Is this a common problem?

i have blades too, and mine is doing the same thing and it is also the right one.
    I have contacted powerpole and they told me they are aware of the issue and are working on a fix, i dont think this is a common problem.

Same issue here except mine is on my left pole. I too have called PP and they said it's an issue with the knuckle and they're working to fix. They took my name and said they would send me a new knuckle as soon as they have them ready.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mysuzytoo View Post
    Same issue here except mine is on my left pole. I too have called PP and they said it's an issue with the knuckle and they're working to fix. They took my name and said they would send me a new knuckle as soon as they have them ready.
    They told me the same thing but sent me a new spike too. Shouldn’t I wait for the new knuckle before replacing the spike?

7. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    They told me the same thing but sent me a new spike too. Shouldn’t I wait for the new knuckle before replacing the spike?
    I would

8. Member
    So the knuckles are the parts failing and not the spike or both parts? I am confused why I was sent a spike and others were not.

9. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    So the knuckles are the parts failing and not the spike or both parts? I am confused why I was sent a spike and others were not.
    if they told you it the knuckle is the issue then it is the knuckle, I wouldn't say there failing no, and this is the first I have heard of this issue honestly. if you want to put in the new spike by all means put it in it takes about 5 min.

10. BBC SPONSOR
    We have made some modifications to the knuckle to help the spike on Blade models tuck into the recessed pocket tighter. The occurrence is more often visible on 10' models with the longer spike and sometimes a new spike will sit better than others which is why you may have been sent a spike.

We have the new mold for the updated knuckle online and are currently working to get the parts shot and finished. If anyone has this problem or feels they may need a replacement, please do not hesitate to call our tech support department and we can get a swap out process started for you.

11. Member
    I put the new spike on and that did not fix the problem. How long before I get a knuckle shipped? That spike did not slide in and out very easy when replacing.

12. Member
    Anyone received a new knuckle yet?

Anyone received a new knuckle yet?
    No, been waiting quite awhile myself.

14. Member
    Any knuckle news? Hope they aren’t held up in a tariff dispute somewhere. Should of had something by now from previous Power Pole experience.

15. Member
    I have the gap even with a new spike. But you know what other than when it is sitting in the barn I don't notice it while fishing. Other than the gap if doesn't drop anymore since I did the bleeding procedure. To be honest the gap just isn't a big deal, maybe it has grown on me. I'm sure other may be annoyed but I can live with the gap. Power Pole has been very nice to me and it works great on the water.

16. Member
    Got email saying new knuckles are shipped

Got email saying new knuckles are shipped
    Got mine on friday 8/24/18 have not had a chance to change out.

18. Member
    Have a ? when replacing the knuckles can you let them down to replace or keep them in the upright position

19. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by Nowater2shallow View Post
    Have a ? when replacing the knuckles can you let them down to replace or keep them in the upright position

Let them, makes it easier to work on

20. Member
    For the few that received the new knuckle did it work?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast