Thread: No words

No words

hopefully the link works. Someone tried launching at the beach near ky dam.

https://www.facebook.com/kentuckylak...type=3&theater

2. Member
    needs a Bill Engvalle stupid sign

3. Member
    Only a pleasure boater would try something like that !

4. Member
    I can't open facebook but assume the picture is the same one a buddy text me this morning. I was told the boat ran out of gas or had a mechanical issue and was pushed up against the bank near the dam. The owners were trying to load it up, not launch it. Makes it a lot less stupid if that's the story. I'm going to assume it is.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Maddog10 View Post
    I can't open facebook but assume the picture is the same one a buddy text me this morning. I was told the boat ran out of gas or had a mechanical issue and was pushed up against the bank near the dam. The owners were trying to load it up, not launch it. Makes it a lot less stupid if that's the story. I'm going to assume it is.
    couldn't get someone to pull him into the marina?

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Maddog10 View Post
    Even then all he had to do was walk/swim/paddle it down the bank about 250 yards to a packed gravel ramp.

I'm shocked he even made it down to the water. The sand at that beach is trucked in, so it's very loose.

7. Member
    Didn't say it wasn't still stupid, just less stupid. If he's a local it's more stupid than if he's an out of towner because he should have known that other ramp was so close.

witness stated it was a recovery of a broken down rig that was in the rocks at the dam.
    Ranger Forever