Thread: US open 2018

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Everybody playing for second unless DJ gives it back which he has done before. That course has no forgiveness so anything is possible. 1 mistake and its anybody's tournament. I make a similar statement as Rory every time I bring somebody fishing. My line is 'You think just because I have a nice boat that I'm a much better fisherman than I really am'

2. Member
    Rose is the only one playing solid enough to contend with DJ at the moment I think, and even still he's going to need some help. His bogey-bogey finish was a tough end to an otherwise great round yesterday and kind of removed any pressure that DJ may have been feeling.

Stenson is making a lot of birdies but making a lot of mistakes as well. Only other one that I think can seriously contend would be if Koepka stays hot. He's the type of player that could post a 65 or a 75 today. Never know with him.

Wow! Phil snaps at 13 a takes a 2 stroke penalty.

4. Member
    Yeah, that was real strange to see a player of his caliper and reputation do that. There is going to be a lot of chatter about this for a while.

5. Proud American Union local16's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by breeves2245 View Post
    Yeah, that was real strange to see a player of his caliper and reputation do that. There is going to be a lot of chatter about this for a while.
    Yep, he scored a 10 on 13

Dale Sinclair original

And we have a golf tournament.

DJ has dropped 5 shots already

7. Banned
    Phil's explanation was great. He took advantage of the rules to end the hole. Said 2 strokes was better than to keep hitting the ball. Bet the big shots in PGA are not happy with that.

Sure wish they would stuff a Bud Light can in the Dilly, Dilly guys mouth.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Walleyeguy456 View Post
    Phil's explanation was great. He took advantage of the rules to end the hole. Said 2 strokes was better than to keep hitting the ball. Bet the big shots in PGA are not happy with that.

Sure wish they would stuff a Bud Light can in the Dilly, Dilly guys mouth.
    Agree 100% when Joe Buck is on I hit mute, now I have to do it for all the dilly dilly and in the hole crap!

Quote Originally Posted by Walleyeguy456 View Post
    I don’t agree at all. Pure frustration on Phil’s part and sets a bad example.
    Apparently his action is in violation of another rule which can result in him being DQ’d. USGA officials will go over that rule aspect this evening.

10. Member
    The course is pretty brutal right now. Personally, I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by kry29 View Post
    The course is pretty brutal right now. Personally, I like it.
    Brutal is right.
    do they have more mics picking crowd noise at this event or are these “locals” just that much more vocal?
    Enjoying life in Southern Illinois

Drunk, New York millenials

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cart7 View Post
    Drunk, New York millenials
    Seems to me like it is always some drunk baby boomer...…. ….. You can tell because their voices sound like they have been smoking 4 packs a day for about 40 years..
    "Historically the most terrible things-war, genocide and slavery-have resulted not from disobedience but from obedience"
    Zinn

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by illinifish View Post
    Brutal is right.
    do they have more mics picking crowd noise at this event or are these “locals” just that much more vocal?
    I'm not sure but they don't cut those guys any slack. You would think the USGA wouldn't want all that but I guess the money is king.

DQ Phil? Like he cares at this point.

16. Member
    Watching Gold Channel, all the players whining how tough it is. They all play the same course, hit it in precise locations and get rewarded, miss and suffer severe penalties. They do this once a year, make millions, shut up and play. Someone will win and be called the Open champ.

USGA admitting they missed the setup on the course today.

They also dropped the ball on Phil’s incident. Per his own admission, he intentionally struck at the ball to gain a competitive advantage.
    He should be DQ’d.

18. Banned
    IL >Tinley Park & Shawnee N.F. Lakes Explorer. Help..
    Quote Originally Posted by oscardog View Post
    Would really like to see Phil Mickelson win. Class act.
    WAS a class act.... I like to see trees when I/the Pros golf. Leave the Tundra courses to the Brits.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cart7 View Post
    USGA admitting they missed the setup on the course today.

They also dropped the ball on Phil’s incident. Per his own admission, he intentionally struck at the ball to gain a competitive advantage.
    He should be DQ’d.
    Phil is my favorite but I have to agree. He should have been DQ’d. As he admitted tonight....”It Wasn’t my finest hour”.

20. Member
    I can't believe the USGA is saying they messed up the setup of the course. They are pros, it's a major. It's supposed to be tough. The best player will win, no matter how hard the course is

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast