Exclamation shoot thru transducer not so clear

so the transducer in my trolling motor gives me a better image then my shoot thru transducer, i have tried multiple location and i never really saw any king of change. My shoot thru always looks kinda pixelated, why is that?
    Nitro z20 2021 with 250 Mercury Pro XS 4 stroke serial # 3B010400

2. Member
    What units are you talking about? The settings will probably have to be somewhat different.

3. Member
    I have Helix 9's

4. Member
    Have you swapped the Helix units to see if the problem moves with the unit or stays with the transducer? Have you tried resetting to defaults? There is usually only one in-hull location with a single layer of fiberglass that will work properly. Your boat installation manual might show it. Or, maybe call Stratos and ask. Bob
    Note: Make sure your transducer is properly epoxied to the hull. If there are any air pockets it will not work well. There are some good Youtube videos showing the process.
    Last edited by bobcoy; 06-15-2018 at 06:33 AM.

5. Member
    I have the same issue with helix 10 g2n

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcoy View Post
    Have you swapped the Helix units to see if the problem moves with the unit or stays with the transducer? Have you tried resetting to defaults? There is usually only one in-hull location with a single layer of fiberglass that will work properly. Your boat installation manual might show it. Or, maybe call Stratos and ask. Bob
    Note: Make sure your transducer is properly epoxied to the hull. If there are any air pockets it will not work well. There are some good Youtube videos showing the process.
    I did swap the units and it really is the transducer i guess

I have personally never seen a shoot thru that works as well as a ducer that is directly in the water. The fiberglass will always degrade the 2D image. How much is dependent upon your exact boat and how well the fiberglass was laid in at the time of manufacture.

Turn up the sensitivity for the through hull mounted transducer.
    2006 Triton TR-21 XD, Mercury 225 Pro XS, S/N 1B287870